Thursday 12 May 2011

Sarah Dessen--to be reads!

It's been a fun week thanks to The Reading Housewives of Indiana and YABibiliophile. Thanks to you both! When I read I have three different hats and these days I find I can interchange them as I go. I read as a plain old me who loves a good story packed with emotion and a heroine you want to cheer for because she's funny and strong in spite of it all. I read as a writer, learning my craft from those who do it really well, seeing how the they master plotting, character, scene transitions. And I read as a library manager of youth services in a small library, who runs a book club for children and teens, who orders book for the library collection (juvenile and young adult). Speaking of library collection and books for teens and kids, have I read them all? Hah, I wish! And that includes (yeah, this will be hard to believe) a few Sarah Dessen including :
THE TRUTH ABOUT FOREVER Marcy is looking forward to a boring summer: She has a dull job at the library, will log many hours studying for the SATs, and will grieve silently over her father's death. Everything changes when she meets the chaotic Wish Catering crew and starts really living life.  Dull?? Dull job at the library?? Okay, it can happen.


THIS LULLABY-When it comes to relationships, Remy doesn't mess around. After all, she's learned all there is to know from her mother, who's currently working on husband number five. But there's something about Dexter that seems to defy all of Remy's rules. He certainly doesn't seem like Mr. Right. For some reason, however, Remy just can't seem to shake him. Could it be that Remy's starting to understand what those love songs are all about? From acclaimed author Sarah Dessen, this is a captivating novel about a tough-as-nails girl and the unexpectedly charming boy who's determined to soften her up.


Both are on my must read list now. They consistently turn up on peoples favorite lists.


And of course, I have to read her latest, WHAT HAPPENED TO GOODBYE


Just a quick note at the end, here. If you are a writer it is well worth reading this post at The Reading Housewives of Indiana (and can you believe I just caught on to the play on title...yeesh, lol!) And while there follow the links to more Sarah Dessen posts and celebrations! 


Link to my pick your Sarah Dessen giveaway is here. Happy reading, all!

1 comment:

  1. I hope to go to the library today and pick up Sarah Dessen
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...