Sunday 15 May 2011

A new look...

Or should I say a look? And a logo. This is something I think I am ready to work on now that I have a feel for what I am all about (well, a sort of feel!).

Envisioning my grade four self when I loved to read, love to write and I LOVED to play library. Yep. Library. I made up date due slips for all my books, stamped them in and out, I had imaginary patrons that I helped. Between them I read the paper and drank coffee, lol. Not sure why.

If I wasn't doing that I was galloping in the next door open field....on my pretend horse. Sometimes we were caught in a blizzard or horribly lost and we had to live off the land.

I did not think I could get all that in my logo/banner....so, I thought this one might work.

5 comments:

  1. Actually, I used to BE the imaginary horse! I could lead my herd all over the place!

    Nice new look on your little corner of the interwebbies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new look! It's clean and simple and says who you are. Now, if you'd just teach me how to add all those widgets to my blog...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb OMG I wasn't the only one who played librarian when they were younger? I always thought I was the only one. I did the same thing as you.

    If you go to BEA next year let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah! Cindy...I _knew_ I wasn't the only one, although I've received some "you're kidding right?" looks, lol.

    Will do on BEA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia...LOL on you _being_ the horse!

    Diana-let me know if I can help.

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...