Saturday 7 May 2011

Growing the To Be Read Middle Grade Survival Books List

The _best_ part of making recommended reading lists, or helping patrons find books while in the stacks is the back and forth discussions that ensue. You hear of books you're unfamiliar with. Someone mentions a new release coming out that you must keep an eye out for (but put the eye back in when you need to read...bahahahaha!). Or, you are recommended a book that you totally forgot about and that book leads to more "remembered titles."

That's what's happening right here (and as mentioned in yesterday's post) over at From the Mixed-Up Files of Middle Grade Authors. 

SO! My list is growing and looking like this (including some upcoming releases, that I cannot wait to get my hands on)

Incredible Journey by Sheila Burnford (this got me thinking it would be a good idea to created an Animal Survival story list, which got me thinking to include non-fiction and I could do the same for kids)

Flutter by Erin E. Moulton (Erin is a fellow blogger whose book is coming out next week, plus she has a post up next week on the subject of kid survival in fiction stories)

May B. by Caroline Starr Rose (she stopped by to let us know about her book coming out in January-YES!-and it sounds, good, good, good. So, I would also encourage any author's reading this or the other post to let us know.

Call it Courage by Armstrong Sperry (huh, a good example of books you forgot about, I saw this as I was looking for another one. That's why a lot of the time you need to walk the stacks with your patrons, lol. I have to see the books to get my mind turning and going on what I would recommend.

Diamond Willow by Helen Frost.

So, yeah, the booklist is growing....care to add to it for me either here or over there?

No comments:

Post a Comment

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...