Sunday 22 May 2011

Die for Me by Amy Plum

Die for Me (Revenants, #1)

And now I wait for the next book. Incredible world and myth building in this one. Fell in love with the secondary characters, especially Jules. Had a kick ass ending that left me breathless, action packed fight scene with the _really_ bad guy.  It took me a bit to warm to Kat, to get to know her. But, when she has her "break down" just after the midpoint of the book I realized why. She'd been holding on to a lot of pain and fear. Stuffing it away to keep herself safe. It would not make sense for her to be wearing her heart on her sleeve in a way that would allow the reader in to her life. It is a risky proposition for a writer to do that, but once I was finished reading and saw how everything fell into place, it worked for me and left me waiting....for the next book. As for Vincent, the hero, his path was similar to Kat's-dealing with the horrible loss of loved ones (and in his case, violent loss at the hands of others) that left him reeling with agony and the need for revenge. Kat and Vincent heal each other. It will be interesting to see if this couple build following like others we know. I will recommend this to teens and adults who read the YA Paranormal genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...