Monday 16 May 2011

Marvelous Middle Grade Monday-The Invisible Order by Paul Crilley

Before I begin, let me say HAPPY MONDAY and a big thanks to our MMGM Mom...Shannon Whitney Messenger, she got us all rolling with this. And, if you want to spend a lovely Monday growing your MG to read least, head over to Shannon's where she is round up some posts! Plus, at the end of this post I have some more links you can check out.


Today I'm recommending (just a little, lol!) THE INVISIBLE ORDER by Paul Crilley


Emily Snow is twelve years old, supporting herself and her younger brother on the streets of Victorian England by selling watercress. One early winter morning on her way to buy supplies, she 
encounters a piskie--a small but very sarcastic fey creature that has been cornered by a group of the Black Sidhe, piskies from an opposing clan. She rescues him and unknowingly becomes involved in a war between the Seelie and the Unseelie, two opposing factions of fairies that have been battling each other throughout the long centuries of human history, with London--and England itself--as the ultimate prize.

When the Invisible Order--a centuries-old secret society of humans that has protected mankind from the fey's interference--gets involved, things really start to get complicated.

Now she is the central figure in this ancient war that could permanently change Earth. With no one to trust, Emily must rely on her own instincts and guile to make the right choices that could save her family and all of mankind. Do you ever fall in love with a book so fast, you can't wait to share it with people, yet, read it real real slow so you can stay in the world with the characters a little longer? That's me with THE INVISIBLE ORDER. I am in love with this book by Paul Crilley. If you loved Septimus Heap, Magic Thief, Dragon's Egg, it quite possible this will be a pick for you.  So, if you have not read, I highly recommend. This book is on my ipad right now (and on my kindle as I bought it from amazon). I will be getting a hardcover copy, because it's just one of those books that I _have_ to have on my shelf so I can see it. Okay, I will stop now, at this rate I am going to be telling you I am going to marry this book...that would be weird...and it would totally creep out my book club kids. I will be careful not to drool on the book when I am book talking it to them :P  The you might also likes:










  

Follow the MMGM posts! (thanks to Joanne Fritz, I am having a weird time with links and images, so I knew I could hop on over to her blog to get this list)


Joanne Fritz at My Brain on Books
Shannon O'Donnell at Book Dreaming
Myrna Foster at The Night Writer
Sherrie Petersen at Write About Now 
Natalie Aguirre at Literary Rambles
Brooke Favero at Somewhere in the Middle
Deb Miller at Just Deb
Ally Beecher at Kid Lit Frenzy
Barbara Watson at Novel and Nouveau
Anita Laydon Miller at her middle grade blog

14 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what happened to the second half of your post but I was drawn into The Invisible Order!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I adored The Magic Thief, so I'm definitely adding The Invisible Order to my TBR list. Thanks! That's a great review. And I'm laughing at the image of you trying not to drool on the book.

    Thanks for the shout-out and the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Paul! And yeah on my post, I am having computer/blogger troubles, not sure which, but I think it's my computer:(

    Hey Joanne, no problem on the shout out and SQUEEE again on your giveaway, lol...having a real fan girl day today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sounds like a great read. You are awesome Deb!

    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete
  5. They made a living selling watercress? That would be rough. I'll have to check it out.

    Also, thanks for the link, and I'm sorry that I didn't link to you earlier. It's up now. Are you planning on having a MMGM every week?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cover and your review cemented it for me. I'll be looking for this next time I go to the book store!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi miss deb! invisible stuff! wow how cool is that! mostly i dont much like girl heros but this sounds like a book i could like. so for sure im putting it on my biwrl (books i wanna read list). thanks for being part of miss shannon 1s mmgm. shes soooo nice!
    ...smiles from lenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Angela.

    And yes on every week for MMGM, Myrna...appreciate the link up!

    Hope you enjoy it as much as I did, Sherri and Lenny...hope you like the girl hero in this book...let me know. And I LOVE...biwrl <<,books I wanna read list, love it! Smiles back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love books that make me want to flash through and saver at the same time. I usually read them wicked fast then reread them and savor every word. Great pick. Is it steampunk or just feys?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll have to tell my boys about the book. As long as my 11 yo hasn't read it, my 8 yo might. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great line up of MG books. Thanks for pulling them together for us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoops! Had to pop back in and follow you. Forgot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You convinced me to check this one out, Deb, when the description alone wouldn't have. I did love The Magic Thief! I've added this to my Audible queue. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stina! Hope the boys like it...esp. now that I've gushed, lol.

    Hey Lee! Good to be reconnecting with you, I must say. Thanks for the follow...I see now I am over 100 (thanks for tipping the scales), should a celebrate thingy...hmmm, I have an idea!

    Jen...yes on the book. Hope you like it, looking forward to your thoughts on the audible. It would be a great one to listen too, as well.

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...