Wednesday 25 May 2011

Armchair BEA Day 3-A Bag full of Awesome Bloggers

Writing:

Two of my favourite bloggers for writers are Angela Ackerman of The Book Shelf Muse and Stina Lindenblatt of Seeing Creative. And, I know them in real people time! They are as dynamic in person as their blogs. Full of energy and information, both striving to improve their craft and share what they learn along the way.

The Book Shelf Muse is a thesaurus of emotions, settings, character traits (just added) and is an AMAZING tool to have in your writing back pocket. Angela and her partner Becca Puglisi are working on a book for this resource. Thinking it's going to be mighty darn good.

Seeing Creative is Stina's unique spin on writing and photography, you always learn something from her and her Cool Links Friday is a must read.

Book Blogging:

Story Siren (cause she just plain old inspires me with her passion and commitment and I love that she did this for the love of it and look at where it's taken her!) I've been following her since she began and just...wow.

All the Marvelous Middle Grade Monday Crew! Each monday we talk middle grade and I always look forward to their recommendations. And the From the Mixed Up Files of Middle Grade Authors gang...course  little biased because I'm part of the team, lol.

Social Media

My go to guy is Greg Pincus of The Happy Accident. Used to be in an online crit group with him and he is a funny and seriously talented writer who  also knows his social media! If you ever have a chance to hear him talk, grab it, I know I'm going to!

4 comments:

  1. You are way to good to me Deb! Thanks so much for the shout out. I couldn't agree more about Stina's blog--that girl knows her stuff and how cool we know her for reals?

    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great list! I definitely spy some of my favorites on there. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The Story Siren too. A must read for bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have reminded me to return to The Story Siren's blog. It's been too long! Thank you for that and for the great content on your blog, too.

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...