Sunday 15 January 2012

Oh MG/YA Canada Mini Reading Challenge-Sunday April 29- Sunday May 6, 2012

"Oh (MG-YA) Canada" Reading Challenge


GOAL-Read as many middle grade and young adult books by Canadian authors as possible from a Sunday to Sunday.


WHEN-Sunday April 29- Sunday May 6


HOW TO PARTICIPATE-Add your link to the end of this post to let me know you will be taking part.  Read what you can in an 8 day time period. A book a day, every other day, or it might only be one or two. It is up to you. 


GIVEAWAYS- participating gets you one entry into the prize packs being offered, so far I will be doing Janet Gurtler, Judith Graves and Courtney Summers.  Earn extra entries for comments on daily posts letting me know what you've been reading (one comment per post).  


In case you are wondering about some titles, authors, here are some possibles and a link to a round-up of great Canadian Reads I did a while ago:


Just Deb: Thankful (and recommending) my recent Canadian reads.

I will be blogging my Canadian author love throughout the months of February, March and April to help you grow a TBR pile for the read-a-thon.


You could take a wander through past interviews and features.

And some authors off the top of my head, there's many many, er, many more, of course:
Courtney Summers (will be doing a C/S prize pack)
Judith Graves (win both of her books)
Rachna Gilmore
Margaret Buffie
Janet Gurtler (have two of her books to giveaway)
Kenneth Oppel
Arthur Slade (anything by him, frankly)
Lena Coakley
Tim Wynne Jones
Lesley Livingston
Helene Boudreau
Kit Pearson (great historical fiction)
Eileen Cook (so excited to read her latest book!)
Shane Peacock (can you say a Sherlock Holmes as a boy?)
Joelle Anthony
Cheryl Reinfield
R.J Anderson
Erin Bow
Danika Dinsmore

AND-here is a list of more resources for you to browse through (when you're not reading, that is!)






SIGN UP:

4 comments:

  1. Hooray! Incentive to get through my backlog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey! glad you've signed up. and boy do I hear you on the backlog!

      Delete
    2. Yeah.... I actually counted the number of unread books in my house. It's over 200. Is there a group for book addicts?

      Delete
    3. Oh my on the number. I am very very glad to hear that, lol...cause well...I think I be pretty close to that too. There should be a group!

      Delete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...