Monday 9 January 2012

Marvelous Middle Grade Read-a-thon-Final Round Up, Winners & the next read-a-thon

I'm so grateful for everyone who stopped by to share what they were reading and am so looking forward to carrying on our dialogue in the months to come. Now, just in case the time flies by on us and we get busy with out other blogging and reading adventures, I've picked the dates for our next Marvelous Middle Grade Read-thon. This time it will run from a Sunday to a Sunday.

NEXT Marvelous Middle Grade Read-a-thon : Sunday, June 3-Sunday, June 10. Hope to see some of you again and say, bring freinds, your kids, their friends!


BUT (gads, am I sounding like an infomercial?) I am not waiting until then to host another read-a-thon. 


Next up is one for OH (MG/YA) Canada. Here's the deets so far:


"Oh (MG-YA) Canada" Read-a-thon

GOAL-Read as many middle grade and young adult books by Canadian Authors as possible from a Sunday to Sunday.

WHEN-Sunday March 4, 2012-Sunday March 11, 2012

HOW TO PARTICIPATE-I will be create a separate post with a Mr. Linky to sign up with. Read what you can in an 8 day time period. A book a day, every other day, or it might only be one or two. It is up to you. 

GIVEAWAYS and "RULES"- participating gets you one entry into the prize packs (TBA) being offered. Extra entries for sharing what you're reading either by commenting on my daily posts or writing your own post. If you read three or more MG or YA books from Canadian Authors, that will get you another entry. If there is anything that is unclear please email me justdeb AT debamarshall DOT com



Alright, time for the final round up for our Marvelous Middle Grade read-a-thon.


Charlotte of Charlotte's Library did a round up of her reads for the week:


Charlotte's Library: Middle grade read-a-thon wrap up

I did mine yesterday and am still in fact finishing up three books, including Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu, which is going to be one of my favorite reads of this marathon.

If you've loved doing this and don't want to leave Middle Grade too far behind, do check out Marvelous Middle Grade Mondays that Shannon Whitney Messenger started. Each Monday we talk about favorite middle grade reads, do interviews, share brand new books, look back at the classics.

Seeeoooooo....I should probably announce the winners of the giveaways? Have them all done--well, after having Charlotte win on of the books she was donating for the giveaways....yep.

Here.

We.

Go.



1. ARC-13 Gifts by Wendy Mass, The Whole Truth by Kit Pearson, Wildwood by Colin Meloy


ERICA from the Book Cellar The Book Cellar: Marvelous Middle Grade Read-a-thon


2. The Unwanteds by Lisa McMann, Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes, ARC of Liesl and Po by Lauren Oliver


Shannon Ms. Houghton's Class 


3. Signed copy of Latasha and the Little Red Tornado by Michael A. Scotto


Akoss Nye Louwon – My Spirit | a search for the writer in me


4. Signed copy of Latasha and the Little Red Tornado by Michael A. Scotto


 Charlotte of Charlotte's Library

5. e-copy of  Fright Flight by Lisa Ard


Eric of Book Man

6. e-copy of  Fright Flight by Lisa Ard


Angelhorn


7. The Book of Wonders by Jasmine Richards 

The Haunting of Orchid Forsythia


8. Fairy Lies by E.D. Baker.

The Space Between


9.THE FOURTH STALL and THE FOURTH STALL PART 2-by Chris Rylander Goes to:


Heidi Geo Librarian: Marvelous Middle Grade Readathon


10. HERO'S GUIDE TO SAVING YOUR KINGDOM by Christopher Healy goes to


Teril and her kids SNARKY MAMMA: Middle Grade Read-athon 


Congrats everyone! I will be emailing as well so I can get your snail mails.


Until next time...Happy Reading!



10 comments:

  1. Yay! So excited that you'll be hosting the MMGR again later this year. I will definitely be looking forward to it. =)

    Eep! I won The Book of Wonders! So excited, because it sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know on Book of Wonders, eh?! It's a for sure read for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh congrats everyone and thank you from all my kids at Snarkymamma. Really it was a fun time, I have not ever read out so many MG books over the week and it was a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's kinda like being a kid in a candy factory. I'm nearly paralyzed with indecision on what I should read next. (And my Goodreads to-read queue already has more than 100 books in it.) Why do I want to write again when there are so many good books already out there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to offer some ARCs or eARCs for Wicket Season for your Oh Canada read-a-thon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, Kim--I so hear you on the decision making when it comes to picking your books. The readathon helped me just pick em and read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gabrielle (angelhorn)...thanks! Would love to take you up on that offer. Could we go with ARC's? Email me at justdeb AT debamarshall DOT com and we can talk more. Yay and congrats on your upcoming book! For those who'd like to check it out ahead of time :

    http://www.lorimer.ca/childrens/Book/2365/Wicket-Season.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to all the winners.
    I'm marking my calendar for round 2. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. so many books....
    way to go with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The MMG readathon was so much fun :) The Oh canada readathon sounds like a blast as well!

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...