Tuesday 3 January 2012

Marvelous Middle Grade Read-a-thon-Day 2#

Hope you are all enjoy your reading! I must say I am. Really looking forward to the weekend, too. That's when I have two solid days for reading, reading, reading.

I started MY VERY UNFAIRY TALE LIFE by Anna Staniszweski. Oh my, funny! Opening scene with her running from what appear to be killer unicorns and her attempted conversation (NAY, does that mean neigh as in a horse neigh or nay as in no?) with them had me totally hooked. Honestly, I think the cover will sell the book, but I'd also read that scene to really hook 'em in. If you were doing a library visit and had multiple copies you could share, I'd take them...more than one person will want this one.

Also reading, THE FAMILIARS (my signed copy btw...eek!) by Adam Jay Epstein and Andrew Jacobson. You can go here to read an excerpt. Adore Aldwynn oh yes I do. If I ever get another catty-guess the name he will have!

Quick Notes 'n' Links:

-Yesterday's Round-Up
-More about #mgreadathon and sign up (still time)
-NEW-will add your name into the draws for giveaways for each day you report in and share your lists, your recommends, where you are at, too! 

9 comments:

  1. The Familiars is awesome, I read it in December and absolutely loved it.

    I am still working on The True Meaning of Smekday. Its's really so far, just don't have much time to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Yes, me too on the time to read. And yes on Adam Rex's book. I know it is a hit with boys and girls alike, boys in particular. Saw a vid of two boys who did a project related to True Meaning...it was awesome. One of the reasons I love kidlit so much--how authors inspire their young readers. Erm-I also need to read that book, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to be reading The Familiars also. I'll be interested to see what you think of it. I'm also excited to read My Very Unfairy Tale Life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Heidi. Really enjoying both books so far. Happy Reading to you-!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to read both of those! Thanks for putting them back in the limelight for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Very Un-Fairy Tale Life sounds really funny. I need to see if my library has it. I finished Pictures of Hollis Woods. It was great! I haven't stared another MG book yet but my next one will be Becoming Naomi Leon by Pam Munoz Ryan.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of those books look great - I'm excited for My Very Un-Fairy Tale Life. I'm currently reading The Book of Wonders by Jasmine Richards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have My Very Un-Fairy Tale Life on my to-read list. Thanks for the review! It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome on putting them back in the limelight--they well worth the read!

    Vasilly-my list to read is a growing I must say. Adding Naylor's book and Naomi Leon to it! Happy reading back to you.

    Erican, they are great. Glad you are excited for My Very Un-Fairy Tale Life. Waiting for the release of The Book of Wonders!

    Glad you've added My Very Un-Fairy Tale Life to your to reads, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...