Wednesday 4 January 2012

Marvelous Middle Grade Read-a-thon Day 4 & Round-up for Day 3


Morning everyone! Hope you are still enjoying our MMG Read-a-thon. I know I'm loving hearing what you are all reading and rounding them for others to check out.

I am starting off day four with The Lemonade War by Jacqueline Davies.  I actually started it last night after finishing up with the fabulous that is THE FAMILIARS. Not quite sure what I will pick after I'm done with Lemonade War, but possibly it will be I FINALLY by Wendy Mass. 

For today, I thought I'd share some of my favorite middle grade blogs. Naturally I love all the MMGM crew! Here are some others :


From the Mixed-Up Files...

PROJECT MAYHEM

Charlotte's Library

Smack Dab in the Middle

Welcome to my TweenDom (she's on break right now)

The O.W.L.-Outrageously Wonderful Literature From the Middle Grades

If you have some particular favorite blogs that have a focus on middle grade I'd love to hear about them.


Next up, the round up! Here's what's been read and is being read. As per, still time to sign up for those who'd like to jump in on the middle grade reading wagon and commenting with what you're reading gets you an extra entry in the giveaways!
























































Hunger Games a title that a grade six teacher is sharing with her class, AND she's getting the T-Shirt to wear as she reads! AWESOME!

Something I need to do this year is read more non-fiction for kids. That's what Dana has been doing for this, so needless to say my to read list is already started! 







11 comments:

  1. Isn't The Lemonade War great? I really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids read THE LEMONADE WAR and then participated in a boy vs. girl lemonade stand in the park with a book club on the book. Fun!

    Also, my blog-cation means I missed out on the whole read-a-thon thing--the sign up, etc. But...right now I'm reading YOUNG FREDLE by Cynthia Voigt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finished The Familiars, I really liked it. I am finishing up The Secret Life of Ms. Finkleman and plan to start Dumpling Days by Grace Lin. Lots of great book recommendations above, I'll have to look for some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We finished up 11 Birthdays on audiobook last night so now we are onto 12 Finally, fabulous series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still reading STARFIELDS. Should be done soon and pick up another book if there is time.
    It's great to see all the awesome books people are reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Checking in! Finished The City of Ember over lunch time, and am now diving into #2 in Guardians of Ga'Hoole, The Journey! Here is my updated blog post. Some great looking books, I'll have to add to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.dreamseekeradventures.com/blog/?p=404

    Just finished Our Only May Amelia by Jennifer Holm. Head on over to my blog to find out why I gave this middle-grade historical fiction book my highest rating - 5 stars!

    I'll check out The Lemonade War - great sharing here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for checking in all! Just working on tomorrow's post and..well...reading LEMONADE WARS. And yes, some kind of wonderful. Great for kids who've been reading chapter books for a bit and ready to step into Middle Grade, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sparrow Road was beautiful. Starting When Life Gives You O.J. now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great titles in that list - and I really needed great reading ideas!

    I just finished Jacob Wonderbar and the Cosmic Space Kapow - lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finished The True Meaning of Smekday it was really good, definitely recommend giving it a shot.

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...