Monday 30 January 2012

Marvelous Middle Grade Monday-Skyfall by Michael Dahl

Do you ever start reading a book and you just know it's going to be good? And you are right. In fact, the book gets better and better as the plot flys along, twists, turns and takes you on an adventure filled ride that makes you feel you are right there with the characters? Skyfall by Michael Dahl is such a book. If you are not afraid of some late night battles for the planet, complete with trolls and other scary moments, this book is for you and your kids.

More from the publisher's website:


Far above the small town of Zion Falls, the stars fall from the sky. Deep below the sleepy city, an ancient evil awakens. Caught in the middle are four teens with hidden powers beyond their wildest dreams.


Of course this book had me from the description, so it was great that it did not disappoint my inner 10 year old. And happily there are more in this series. Very glad I was still able to read this in adobe reader. Thanks to Stone Arch and Net Galley!


Ready for some more middle grade marverlous-ness? Head over to Shannon Messenger's blog
to see who is talking about what books. You can also click here for my list of MMGM posters. Happy blog hopping and growing your middle grade to read piles!


Speaking of growing your to read piles or in this case...reading them. I'd love if you could join in for a read-a-thon. OH MG YA Canada to be exact. Going to spend a week (Mar 4- March 11) reading middle grade and young adult written by Canadian Authors. You can sign up now and I will be adding suggestions (in case you are looking) of authors and books to read throughout February. There is another Marvelous Middle Grade Read-a-thon taking place in June so stay tuned for that, as well.



12 comments:

  1. Oh, man! I was approved for this one on NetGalley, but it doesn't have a Kindle version. Maybe I'll have to buck it up and read it on my computer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was on my computer. Even tried to figure out a way to get it on my ipad or ipod, lol.

      I'd love to hear what you think of it.

      Delete
  2. See? I KNEW trolls were going to become a thing. I called it. This looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...yes! I remember that! You so called it!

      Delete
  3. This sounds good. And I didn't know about it. Thanks for sharing about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Natalie-hope you're able to read it!

      Delete
  4. I can't believe I haven't heard of this! Ancient evil awakening. Teens with powers. Sounds like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool idea about the readathon. But I only have 1 YA book I haven't read in my TBR pile by a Canadian author, and I have about 20 + books in my pile still to be read by non Canadian authors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if you really wanted to take part one book by a Canadian works...and if you wanted more I could think of a few or ten to recommend that fall within what you like to read :)

      Delete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...