Monday 27 May 2013

#MiddleGradeMay Check in.

Greetings all! Hope your reading has been coming along nicely. Looking forward to hearing what you all have been reading and what you thought of those reads. And we are welcoming Stephanie to the #middlegrademay fold! Hey Stephanie, glad you could join us.

This reminds me...

If you want to keep on spreading the word about #middlegrademay please do. There is still until Friday to join in.

Also, I am really appreciative of those already joining in. It was a last minute thing I planned and I am sure some of you are probably still not quite clear on how its working! Next year I think I will do this in March and get some tips for Jill at the Owl. She is not doing her usual March Middle Grade Madness so I will talk to her and see if I can fill her shoes....or fly like she can. Who knows, she may have someone else lined up to take over.

Anyhow. Enough from me. I had a crazy busy week last week (new job approaching, more on that soon). So I am just putting up a quick check in post and will be back with my reads later (3 books, two fantasy, one realistic).

Finally, I wish you all my best on your Memorial Day.

Ta for now and will check in later today!

11 comments:

  1. Deb I can help you plan and host for May next year in case Jill at the Owl already has someone lined up.

    Ok here is the link for my recent update:
    http://akossiwaketoglo.com/2013/05/24/marvelous-mg-may-reading-challenge-update-2/

    I will have one last one this Friday and that will be it. :)

    ~Akoss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the co-host offer! taking you up on that and will follow up in a future email.

      Delete
  2. By my latest accounting, I've read about 30 MG books in May. Since my reading is out of sync with my blogging, I'm constantly confusing myself! Today, though, I have a solidly middle grade fantasy, The House of Secrets, reviewed at
    http://msyinglingreads.blogspot.com/2013/05/kids-in-kitchen-and-house-of-secrets.html. And I did mention Middle Grade May!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the Middle Grade May mention! And...man, you are the queen of reading!

      Delete
  3. Hi, Deb! I read three books this week. ABSOLUTE VALUE OF MIKE, FRINDLE and HIDING OUT AT THE PANCAKE PALACE, which I'm talking about today at My Brain on Books. That takes me up to 12 MG books in May.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice on the reading! Heading over to see what you thought of each title you've mentioned. WOOT on 12 books!

      Delete
  4. Aackk! I've had a crazy week and only managed to get half-way through School of Fear. Oh, well. Life happens! Yay to everyone else, though. :)
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This went by too quickly. And just for good measure, I think this is the most emotionally charged review I posted for the challenge! LOL I look forward to more reading challenges but I'm grateful for learning about #middlegrademay just in time.

    http://tonettedelaluna.wordpress.com/2013/05/27/middlegrademay-check-in-week-4/ <-- my inner monologue spilt forth for your perusal.

    Five books and hefty ones, at that. I believe I put the challenge in reading challenge. haha I'll stick around for MMGM mainly because you're all awesome.


    Thanks again!

    Tonette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for starting this meme - I needed a kick in the pants to put down all my other reads and dig into middle grade books again. So far, I've read:
    -Three Time Lucky
    -The Templeton Twins Have An Idea
    -Like PIckle Juice On a Cookie
    -Ten Good & Bad Things About My Life So Far
    -Jo Schmo: Wyatt Burp Rides Again

    Currently finishing up The Humming Room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm reading Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen and LOVING it!! :)

    Just finished The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg and liked it as well.

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...