Friday 31 May 2013

Marvelous Middle Grade May Final Check-In.

Greetings all! This month slid away on me and the last few days have been crazy...a good kind of crazy because I am taking part in ArmChair Bea (see sidebar) and having a rather good time. The reading slowed and I have finished a book since the beginning of the week. There are a few I really hope to have finished by the end of the day.

How did you all do this month? I know quite a few of you are in the running for the grand prize draw.

Thanks for taking part in this. As I keep harping (harp harp) I did this really last minute because of my own need to get through some Middle Grade Reading that has been in wings for too long, so was winging it much of the time. Glad you stuck with me through the ride! Best part of all of this is what grew out of it:

-meeting new bloggers

-getting to know other bloggers a little bit better

-growing my to read list and knowledge base where middle grade is concerned

-getting books read that have been in my to read pile for rather too long

-finding out about The 48 Hour Read-A-Thon! Missed it last year, but not so this, because the host Ms. Yingling Reads has been taking part in our MMGMay and I came upon the post saying she was taking over. YAY! Hope some of you can join in the fun.

And the bestest part is that Jill of OWLforYA has given me the go ahead (with the help now of Co-Host Akoss!) to take over March of the Middle Grade. So please do stay tuned over the months as Akoss and I prepare of March of the Middle Grade 2014.

How about all of you? And any thoughts, suggestions you have for March 2014 do let me know!

All best and enjoy your weekend. Will be announcing who won what on Monday.

13 comments:

  1. THANK YOU!

    This has been a great experience. I ended up with nine books, I think. That's a good amount, right? I'm on RAMONA, at the moment. Just for kicks. Can't believe I never read that series before now. I read a lot of Judy Blume and another author that tackled more serious topics, at the time. Blast if I can't recall her name, though.

    I read about the 48 Hour Book Challenge and I'm in. There's also a 30 Books in 90 Days challenge starting tomorrow, as well. I figure if I can read nine books in a month, I can chug forth and get 30 done in three.

    I look forward to more challenges and will follow on with the MMGM posts.

    Thanks again, Deb. This has been fantabulous.


    Cheers,

    Tonette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tonette! Thanks for taking part. It was so great getting to know you better and reading your posts. Might check out those challenges you mentioned. Sounds fun!

      Delete
  2. Oh I was a bit confused about the 48hr challenge. I didn't understand that Ms Yingling was THE hostess.
    Our May reading challenge was fun. I was hoping to read a minimum of 5 books and in the end I read 9. So I'm pretty happy.
    Here is my link:
    http://akossiwaketoglo.com/2013/05/31/marvelous-middle-grade-may-reading-challenge-last-update/

    It's been a blast and I'm excited about next year. :)

    ~Akoss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too on next year....excited for the month and to be working with you on it! Thanks for taking part.

      Delete
  3. No idea how many MG books I read, so I'll let someone else have the prize. Thanks for encouraging people to focus on MG. I'll be looking forward to March, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Ms. Yingling--since I read so many mg books anyway, I'm not sure I even signed up! But good for you for promoting mg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the sneaky feeling Ms. Yingling read far more than any of us! :) My goal was 10 MG books and I surpassed that by reading 12, as I mentioned last Monday.

    After that, I got lost in I CAPTURE THE CASTLE and it's not MG, so I can't count it.

    Ooo, ooo! March of the Middle Grade 2014. I'll be there!!

    Thanks again, Deb, for running this. For a last minute thing, I'd say you did well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. March of the Middle Grade! Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joanne, I read I Capture the Castle a few years ago. It's a good one to be lost in. I can't remember the main character's name offhand, but I loved her!

    Thanks for this reading challenge, Deb. I had fun with it and will look forward to next March! This week I read School of Fear--a very quirky adventure.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmm. I read a lot, but still have more to go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this new tradition. I managed to read six books (I snuck in an irrisistable YA book -- bad!). My goal was ten, but I'm still very happy I got through a big chunk of my TBR pile :)

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...