Wednesday 1 May 2013

Day Two-Marvelous Middle Grade May Reading Challenge

I am thrilled to say that we have a cool looking icon thanks to Akoss!

Here it is:


I am kind of LOVING it! Huge thanks to her for making it and sharing it.

BTW, she's reading one of my favorites from last year, THREE TIMES LUCKY. 

Speaking of favorites I have decided to make one of the prize packs you will be entered to win if you are reading five or more middle grade books (fiction or non-fiction), the first three books of Arthur Slade's HUNCHBACK ASSIGNMENTS. Steampunk at its glorious best in my never to be humble opinion. I've been a fan of this author for a long time now. The following are the Canadian (left) and American covers. I like both...




And here is the author himself explaining steampunk as it applies to his series. Yeah, it's cool.



11 comments:

  1. Love the icon, too! Posted it on my blog, although I am a day late. Will definitely do the weekly updates. Just have to remember!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no late in May...it is a new rule. Yay!

      Looking forward to seeing what you are reading this month.

      Delete
  2. Love it-- I have been dying to read this series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great icon! I'm reading CLOSE TO FAMOUS by Joan Bauer, which is one of those borderline books. My library has it in the YA section, but Goodreads lists it as MG. Based on the tone/voice, I'm calling MG :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes on MG. Well, in my never to be humble opinion. Love her books and how she can write funny about serious.

      Delete
  4. That really is a great icon. I'm reading Calvin Coconut Extra Famous. It's really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I had no idea The Hunchback Assignments have steampunk elements. I had No IDEA!!!
    Now I'm all excited about it.

    PS: I'm glad everyone loves the icon. :)

    ~Akoss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my yes on the steam punk elements! I have a feeling you might quite enjoy this series.

      Twould seem for as many books we are reading this month we is a growing our to read list, lol!

      Delete
  6. Icon is so cute! Will be sure to use it. Yay Akoss!

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...