Monday 2 April 2012

Marvelous Middle Grade Monday, A-Z Blogging Event and More

Had big plans for today.

Big plans for yesterday.

Big,

big plans for Saturday.

BUT.

I was a wee bit sick with the flu. I have determined you should never ever ever (and I say ever!) announce to people that you hardly ever get the stomach flu anymore and then joke about it must a perk of getting older. The flu swooped in, took me down and said take that, nobody jokes on my watch.

Anyhow, that is my long windy way of saying no Marvelous Middle Grade Monday reading recommend that has a little bit of meat on it. Just a quick--I am reading Sixty-Eight Rooms by Marianne Malone and setting and character pulled me into the story and is keeping me there. More later on it and the sequel! In the meantime here is link back to Shannon's post for today and here is my list of participants.





Needless to day I also have nothing for A-Z which I was going to start. Will follow up on that today, see if I should carry on and catch up with it or take it off the blogging plate.


AND-for all you carrying on with #wipmadness or joining in for the first time...April is here and we are hanging out on Haunting the Broken Tree (how is that for a seriously cool blog name for a writer?)

Finally, it is National Poetry Month in the States. One of my all time favorite blogs to follow during this time is Gotta Book because Greg does this:

Happy Monday all!

13 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks. Am feeling better and ready to do some blog visiting. Enjoy this first week of April!

      Delete
  2. oh, yikes. even a touch of the flu sounds dreadful. feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yes...think I'd rather have a touch of the flu, lol.

      Delete
  3. I just popped over to see what you were up to with the A-Z challenge & sorry to hear you're poorly.
    Hope you're feeling better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Anita! Doing a catch up post today, then will be ready to hop on the A-Z train!

      Delete
  4. I'm visiting from the A to Z Challenge and am sorry you're not feeling well today. If you're feeling better, I'm sure you can catch up and be a part of it. But, your health comes first!! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found you on the A to Z challenge! Hope you feel better soon, stomach flus are NO FUN!!!
    Happy Blogging!
    Lacy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel better soon, Deb! I've heard great things about Sixty-Eight Rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, Deb! So sorry to hear you have the flu. That's no fun!

    Glad to hear you're reading The Sixty-Eight Rooms. I loved it. Haven't read the sequel, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, so sorry you aren't feeling well.

    Welcome to the Challenge (hope you can stay)!

    KarenG
    A to Z Challenge Host

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a lot going on...and your sick. Hope you feel better soon. Nice to meet you on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...