Friday 6 April 2012

Louise Fitzhugh, Harriet the Spy and Fudge for #atozchallenge

Today's quote is from Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh. My I loved that book and book talking it to kids. And my...I love this quote!

 "You can't be too old to spy except if you were fifty you might fall off the fire escape, but you could spy around the ground alot."― Louise FitzhughHarriet the Spy (for more wisdom from Fitzhugh and Harriet head over to GoodReads)


Now that I am over fifty, I laugh out loud even louder when I read this! I say, pursue those dreams, do what you love and don't let your age stop you.

And if you needing a little burst of energy to keep you going why not chow down on some Fudge. This is my all time favorite sweet. All. time. Whenever I travel, I always seek out a place to buy it. My favorite is Maple Sugar. Do you have a favorite fudge or sweet to nibble for that burst of energy? Or just because?

6 comments:

  1. You made me think about fudge! Now I have to A) go into town and buy me some or B) find the candy thermometer and make me some.

    You are a bad girl, Deb. But I love Harriet the Spy, so I'll have to forgive your making me crave that candy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops...heh heh. Thank you for forgiveness, lol. I too thought of the making fudge route!

      Delete
  2. I think I pretty much just love all sweet. All of it. LOL! Okay, not true, but anything with chocolate, fudge and/or marshmallow makes me happy.

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse, co-host of the 2012 #atozchallenge! Twitter: @AprilA2Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Shannon...yeah. I got into the Jelly Beans yesterday...and oh my yes on the ones you like, AND...combine them, heaven in your mouth!

      Delete
  3. I love seeing fudge on display and picking out a flavor. I don't have a favorite, though.

    I haven't read Harriet the Spy. It's now on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad Harriet is on your wish list! It is quite the book, mix of humour, serious issues.

      Delete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...