Sunday 8 April 2012

Keeping it Simple {ish}

You know.

You can't do it all. I try to, then have to remind myself I can't.

So here I go again emptying my plate.

Again!

I. Swear.

You will notice no more A-Z Blogging Challenge. Time there will go to reading and writing.

You won't notice I weeded out google reader. Got so carried away with adding blogs over time that I am missing out on reading and commenting on some of my favorites and, really, the time spent was getting a wee bit out of hand.

Blogging is for Marvelous Middle Grade Mondays, by definition on Mondays and YA Roundtable. Oh MG/YA Canada will be incorporated into them.

Rest of time...reading and writing. Writing and reading.

Do any of you have to regularly take stock and clean off the plate?

9 comments:

  1. I need to reorganize and redefine some stuff too. Nothing seems very simple right now!

    Also, I've tagged you in a Lucky 7 meme post here - http://jennaquentin.blogspot.com/2012/04/inspriation-on-easter.html
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Reading and writing have to take precedence over all our other time-sucking endeavors. A while back I felt buried in blog reading. Had to change that. Good for you for recognizing the need for changes, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, I too know the feeling of subscribing to so many blogs that my favourites don't get the attention they deserve! I am slowly managing to get it back under control, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it's good to get the blogging under control. I know I need to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Do any of you have to regularly take stock and clean off the plate?"

    Yep. Right there with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, I need to, but I rarely actually do it. Go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you for prioritizing your time (again)! The A-Z Challenge has been a significant time commitment, unfortunately at the expense of my writing and reading. I'm looking forward to May when I can reclaim some of my time and get back to doing things for me. (What a novel concept!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I stopped challenges a looooooong time again! Never finished them. And I'm really taming my acceptance on books for review. Very picky now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's all about priorities, Deb. Good for you in setting some of your own and following through.

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...