Thursday 5 April 2012

A-Z-Thomas Edison and Eggplant

Welcome to A-Z and special guest E

The quote:

I never did a day's work in my life. It was all fun.
Thomas A. Edison (fr. Brainy Quotes)
Imagine yourself at the point of being paid to do what you love. Sure, they will the hard bits-but even that will feel fun! For me it's writing and doing school visits to talk about my books and promote the love of reading! What about you?

The food:

An odd food popped into my head for today's A-Z. Eggplant. Can't get it out of my head now that I've thought of it. Never eaten it. Have you? Must look it up, find some recipes.


Speaking of looking up-do, click on the icon and check out more A-Z bloggers-there is a wealth of material and fun out there to fill your writEr's wEll! 



11 comments:

  1. There's something in the air on this E day, Deb! I'm sure Mr. Edison would love being linked with such a wholesome food as Eggplant! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! I think you may be right. Happy E Day to you!

      Delete
  2. I can't remember this Thomas Edison quote word for word--but it made me giggle--and it was something about...if only people would just THINK a little bit more and little bit harder.

    I haven't eaten eggplant either. Let me know what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm eggplant healthy and nice because it takes on flavors it is cooked with. A few favorites: eggplant parmesian, moussaka,steamed, grilled (with garlic) oh I am getting hungry.
    I have had many jobs that were to fun to be considered fun and all of them included using my gift of writing - what could be better
    Happy "E" day
    Epitaph is my "E"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol on the getting hungry. me too. thinking there should be some eggplant in my future, ya know?

      Delete
  4. Eggplant - oh man, love it. Eggplant parmesan and baba ganouche (spelling?) which is a Mediterranean dip made of eggplant - yummy.

    As an art teacher, my job is often fun. I love hearing teenagers stop their friends in the hall to point out their pieces. It warms my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my...I have totally had baba ganouche and LOVED it. Did not know the eggplant was in it. And, quite frankly, I just love saying...baba ganouche, lol!

      How awesome on your students...!

      Delete
  5. Yes, I've eaten eggplant. I agree with Jaye, try eggplant parmesan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tried eggplant, but I don't really like it. It's too slimy. I have this thing against slimy food - but that's just me. :)

    Love the Edison quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, on the slimy...so, no snails for you then....yeah, me either.

      Delete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...