Wednesday 4 April 2012

An A-D for A-Z

As I laid about battling the stomach flu/cold/flu (er, super bug?) my thoughts on what I wanted to do changed from quotes on creativity, pursuing your passion to thoughts of food?

Yep.

You know how you think you will never eat again. How food is the last thing that will ever pass your mouth? Funny how that changes and all your favorite snacks and eats and drinks and, and... come flooding back into your head as you start to feel better.

SO.

The purpose of this ramble on is to say that I thought for my first time participating in A-Z Blogging Challenge I would combine...food for the mind in the forms of quotes and food for the bod whilst pursuing creative endeavours-reading, writing, blogging, in particular.  Of course, need to come up with some sort of cool title-an A-Z of Foods for Thought? Need to think on that.

******

Aa

A-Apple Pie, Danish, Crisp!


A subtle thought that is in error may yet give rise to fruitful inquiry that can establish truths of great value. Asimov, Issac


Bb

B-Banana Chocolate Chip  Muffins and while on the topic of Banana's if you have never experienced a banana boat. Go. Experience it.

Don't think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It's self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can't try to do things. You simply must do things. Bradbury, Ray

Cc

C-Carrots/Celery/Chips-good crunchies to get those endorphins snapping and a working. And yeah...you could skip those crazy chips.

Write the kind of story you would like to read. People will give you all sorts of advice about writing, but if you are not writing something you like, no one else will like it either. Cabot, Meg

Dd

D-Donuts-Old Fashioned Plain with Coffee from Tim Hortons!


I'm not sure I'm adult yet. Depp, Johnny I am adding in here that I think it is important to stay in touch with the kid within-that is whole lot of imagination to tap into!


********


Thanks to Brainy Quotes~! where I found all of these. 


What about you? Any favorite A-D quotes or food come to mind? Or even...fave quote and or snack in general? 


Enjoy the day all!

6 comments:

  1. I haven't had a donut in years. It's about time. Thanks for brining up the memory of that wonderful fried dough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krispy Kreme all the way. Coffee is the C food for me! Blueberries!

    I love the Johnny Depp quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my yes on Krispy Kreme!! They were in Calgary for a brief while...still remember my first one, warm and delicious.

      Delete
  3. Chip sticks - always chip sticks :)
    Lx

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...