Thursday 9 December 2010

Three Reads and a Contest-Thursday

Just testing out MacJournal to see if I can drag links into it. And...

Books That Help Kids Take the Leap Into Middle-Grade Novels | From the Mixed-Up Files...

of course you can, that is possible with most any document. But. I had to give it a go!

Great list of 2011 books to watch for. And, of course, to add to my library collection wish list! So excited for January when we have a budget again!

Heather's Odyssey: 2011 Debut Authors

A reminder to my writer self to just read the articles @ Bookshelf Muse. Even if I think it’s not a symbol of setting I need, I find it inspires me. Speaking of using it though. For one of my current WIPS, I dragged the settings, symbols etc that I knew I would need into my research folder (using Scrivener) and could have them up when working on certain scenes! Found it really kept me writing-and made for a much more interesting scene to revise!

The Bookshelf Muse: Symbolism Thesaurus Entry: Freedom


And finally (before I head off and get ready for work!) WIN a book! DEAD BIRD THROUGH THE CAT DOOR. Great middle grade mystery for boys and girls, funny, smart, fast paced. Check. It. Out.

Three dead moths in my mailbox ...: Dead Bird through the Cat Door takes flight on Amazon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...