Sunday 19 December 2010

Joining the 2011 Debut Author Challenge!

The Story Siren: 2011 Debut Author Challenge!

Still going to be some time for me to figure out how I will end up blogging, but part of it will definitely relate to reading. I do it for the library, my book club, the bookstore, for me. So on this challenge..I’m in!

And I’m going to read from Kristi’s lists and going to create one for Canadian debuts in middle grade and young adult, too. As for other debut reading in YA and Middle Grade-I love re-inventions (dark, funny, both) of fairytales (those collected by the Grimms in particular) so going to try and focus on those, as well.

THIS LED TO....I am going to work on hosting my own Canadian YA and MG Reading Challenge, any release date. Old and new favourites. 

And, what better way to read and review books for my wee library, plus going to see how I can get my middle grade book club involved. Same with the teen book club once I get it going. Sleep? Hah! Who needs it.


And look...here’s a badge for my sidebar :


!2011DebutAuthorChallenge-3-2010-12-19-09-46.png

Thanks to Kristi @ the Story Siren for getting this rolling.

4 comments:

  1. thanks so much for joining Deb! happy reading and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kristi! Really looking forward to this...happy reading to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you through the story siren's website and am now a new follower. Good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Kristy! Good luck to you too.

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...