Friday 16 October 2015

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon

Oh my wow.

Has it really been almost a year since I went on hiatus from the blog? Crazy how the time flies.

Seems a great way to jump back in to sharing the love of books and reading is to take part in the ultra fabulous Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon! 

This is my fourth time and I am ready to go. Snacks and food at the ready, books galore, including quite a number of graphic novels. Want to start book talking more of them (graphic novels that is)  than I do right now, so this is a great way to get that jump started.


Included in my TBR's are:
  • books that are brand new to my school library
  • books that are "Mrs. Marshall you have to read this" recommendations from my students 
  • books that are on my personal TBR (many of which are MG and YA). 
  • books that are part of a series I want to carry on reading, or finish

Will I be able to get to them all? No, but am going to have loads of fun trying and reading like crazy. Also, I had rather a lot of fun organizing the piles! And if I decide to grab something totally different from another shelf (what?!?! more TBR's), that works too.

As for the easy grab and go style food:



Still working out the reading, cheerleading and blogging balance but will figure
that out as I go. Pretty darn excited for 6:30 tomorrow morning I must say!

Finally...

Here is to everyone having a great time and taking joy in the love of reading and sharing that love with a community of readers. And finally...a huge HUGE thanks to the ones who organize this event and make it happen. You ROCK!

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see ya Deb, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you too! Feels good to be (finally!) back in the land of blog.

      Delete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...