Saturday 17 October 2015

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon-Hour Five...really?

I am just starting my next book which is The Distance Between Lost and Found by Kathryn Holmes (think Speak meets Hatchet) and it is an absolute favourite of my book club kids. Each one of them has returned it and said you have to read this. What is most interesting is this book having such wide appeal. My "typical" fantasy readers are just as in love with this book as the contemporary readers are.

So, I am reading it and even though only on chapter four I can see why they are loving it.

Happy Reading all! And seriously? I need to stop with the snacks...just because they are there doesn't mean I need to be constantly eating. Right?

7 comments:

  1. I know these first few hours always fly so fast. They seem to slow down later as I get more tired. I'm glad you already on your second book! I'll check back later to see how you like this one! #teamdogwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Distance sounds interesting.

    Yes they do have Tim Tams in Canada, my friend told me he got it from Metro (in Toronto) but other places have it too.

    Thanks for coming by my blog, so thrilled I got some cheer leading already!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now...let the Tim Tam search begin!

      Delete
  3. Thanks very much, Deb, for your cheering words on my blog! I really appreciate them. Happy Readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait what? I am pretty sure that just because the snacks are there does mean you have to eat them ;) Heehee. I'm happy to hear that you are enjoying the book, it sounds very interesting! Happy readathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Amy...totally eating them then. heh heh

      Delete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...