Saturday 17 October 2015

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon-Introductory Meme



1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? 


South of Calgary, Alberta Canada


2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?


I have three I am looking forward to. Three books that my students really, really want me to read. They return them with "Mrs. Marshall have you read this yet? You have to read this!" The books are:


  • Magisterium by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare 
  • The Distance Between Lost and Found by Kathryn Holmes (think Hatchet meets Speak)
  • Red Rising by Pierce Brown 
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

Without a doubt my Opa's Tzatziki with pita chips!


4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

I am a librarian in a grade 7-12 Highschool Learning Commons (library). Also worked as a professional storyteller for many years so often asked to tell a story or two for classes who come in for a visit. Have recently developed a mild (?) obsession with planners and agendas and watching youtube vids on how others set theirs up.


5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

I am a little more organized in terms of snacks/lunch/supper. Have everything planned out and ready to go with a bowl of apples and granola bars sitting on my coffee table. 


That's it from me. Happy reading everyone!


1 comment:

  1. Good morning from Canada :) I love finding more Canadian bloggers when I'm doing my cheering rounds! I'm in Toronto, but my mom grew up in Banff and I still have a lot of family in Airdrie - love it out there! Your books sound great, I hope you have a wonderful readathon!

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...