Sunday 26 February 2012

#WIPMADNESS-Final February Check In

Greetings again fellow wipmadness-ers. It is time for the final February check-in. I hope the past found you all reaching goals, reassessing them if need be and discovering new inspiration to keep you moving a long. My way of thinking makes be believe that even if we accomplish a little of what we set out to do we are still moving forward one word, one sentence, one line revised at a time. And to that I say way. to. GO!

My week was a slower than planned. Got bits of everything done, but realized there was a need to step back from it all and figure out what time would be devoted where.  I work full time. I read, I write, I blog and really must decide what is the most important thing to work on for each. Think I am getting there with making those decisions, which is a good thing because MARCH MADNESS is on the way!

Looking forward to reading about your last week and your goals for the upcoming month when you post them to the inaugural March Madness. I be working on mine and will be ready to post on Denise's blog February 29. Oh, that post will include starting my wip from scratch...

And finally, a quote that struck a chord with me this week.

“If you're having difficulty coming up with new ideas, then slow down. For me, slowing down has been a tremendous source of creativity. It has allowed me to open up -- to know that there's life under the earth and that I have to let it come through me in a new way. Creativity exists in the present moment. You can't find it anywhere else.” Natalie Goldberg

8 comments:

  1. Wow, first one here. My word count this past week, not so great. Ended up with 48.3k - but had a great time with Ghostgirl at the conference. Today I took the day off but have to deal with scholarship stuff for The Boy. Managed to get my blog post written but think #wipmadness starts tomorrow.

    Good week to the rest of you and I'm looking forward to our MarchMadness extravaganza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This past week I've been running through the WIP one last time to get it shined up for you lovely, daring betas! In order to finish by Wednesday, I need to clean up 100 pages today. Ready. Set. Go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got notes from my agent on Friday on my current WIP. I'm madly working through them before a phone call I have scheduled with her for tomorrow. Then I have to somehow switch gears and be ready for my other WIP by Thursday! It's going to be a busy, busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finished 3rd draft editing of ch. 15 on schedule, and finished 2nd draft of ch. 18, but lost most of yesterday due to Curling championships and Oscar-watching.

    YA Monday has come around again. Hoping to finish the latest round of crits on ch. 1-3 of Angel Eyes. Crossed fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, um, life happened (is still happening). Relationship craziness, housing upheaval. Also. Starting a brand new job which is currently so stressful and not my cup of tea i'm nauseous 24/7. I think I wrote 280 words this week.... I don't forsee things being any better in the nxt few weeks... I already miss you all! Good luck and hugs.Lora

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, um, life happened (is still happening). Relationship craziness, housing upheaval. Also. Starting a brand new job which is currently so stressful and not my cup of tea i'm nauseous 24/7. I think I wrote 280 words this week.... I don't forsee things being any better in the nxt few weeks... I already miss you all! Good luck and hugs.Lora

    ReplyDelete
  7. Didn't manage to work every day, but I came very close! Definitely met my word count goal for the month. And I never did finish that outline. I have a simplified one, but didn't manage to do the full, detailed version I had planned on. I really hate outlining!

    Congrats to everyone for making it through another month. Thanks for hosting, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Late coming in. The mind slips a little when I get preoccupied. Needs a new gearbox, I think. ;)

    Hit word goal last week at 10,478, but this week started a little rocky. Managed to catch up yesterday, but I worked most of the evening to pull out over 3k words to do it. Hoping for smoother sailing the rest of the week. Put my goals on the March Madness, but really, they're to finish beta-reading another's work in the next week or two and to clear 10k a week on the WIP and, with luck, finish the first draft by the 31st. I better get on it.

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...