Tuesday 8 March 2011

Three (Writing) Reads and a WHOLE BUNCHA Contests

This is one I read last night. It’s a good one for me because part of my writing life includes building an audience for my Oh (MG & YA) Canada (which I eventually want to spread into picture books and non-fiction, but have to start small-ish). Anywho! I did start a page-but-did exactly what Greg talks about. I didn’t have anything there for people to look at, see what it was all about, lol! Fortunately that dawned on me on the same day. Yeah. Build it and they will come!

The Facebook Page is the Rage


I practically nodded my head off while reading this next one. You _need_ to feed the muse.

Want to write? Don’t starve your brain. | The Parking Lot Confessional

And finally, this one is for authors. On making your own press kit, if you need to. I agree, it’s important!

Indie-Debut: Author Tip: Make a press kit.


And here’s the link that will lead you to a WHOLE BUNCHA Contests. Eight opportunities to have a query critiqued! Yeah. Eight. And all query crit opportunities are from well known agents.

Lisa and Laura Write: Announcing WriteOnCon 2011: August 16th - 18th


No comments:

Post a Comment

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...