Wednesday 30 March 2011

Three (Writing) Reads and A Leave a Comment, help a library!

This is cool. And I like hands on “stuff” when I am developing an idea or thinking out a scene or some other aspect of my story. Also had me thinking that I could have my characters do their own collages...another way of stepping into their heads. And asking myself how would they do the collage? Magazines? Clip art? Fight tooth and nail on having to do it because they are not crafty and they insist they are allergic to scissors and glue? (huh, I think that sounds like Harvey snuck his way into this post!). Okay :) Here’s the link :

Literary Rambles: Tip Tuesday #82

This next writing read had me nodding my head and smiling and grimacing and just all around just getting where she was just coming from. Hah! And seriously, it is a good thing I do not have any brownies in the house, because I’d be eating one right about now.

Author Michelle McLean: How Being on a Diet is Like Writing a Book

Well now. How timely is this post from Heather? Pretty timely. I am going to be writing some puppet theatre scripts for my library. And-I was thinking-why not try out some original ideas, wonder what would happen storywise? Lo and behold...Heather posts about using puppets to get story ideas!

Frolicking through Cyberspace: Need a New Story Idea? Play with Puppets!


HELP A LIBRARY

What a cool idea this is. For every comment Jennifer will donate 50 cents to two different libraries. There’s more, you can take part too. Check it out and I will get going on this, too, just need to figure out some deets and my budget!

Jennifer R. Hubbard: Leave a comment, help a library

5 comments:

  1. Yup!

    I liked these links.

    Thanks undead mate. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be clicking on these--great links. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the linkage. Like the collage idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pen and Ink-you're welcome!

    Tyson-yo, fellow dead dude! thank for stopping by, sorry I wasn't more...PUNCTUAL...in my reply. Man, I kill myself. Wait, no I don't I'm already dead.

    Thanks for checking them out, Anita (and great to find a middle grade blog-following/stalking you now:)

    Welcome Terry-me too on the collage idea!

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...