Thursday 31 March 2011

Three (Writing Reads) and A Fool for Books Hop

I am on a reading reading blitz for the next three days. Need a new batch of book talks for my book club kiddos and the next meeting!

So, here are some quick links that caught my eye yesterday and this morning.

If Your Character's Missing a Shoe, Try Finding its Match

How to Start a Writing Group

7 Agenda Items for Your Writing Group’s First Meeting (this is from the same blog as the previous link). They both give you some good starting points if this is something you’ve been contemplating but not sure where to start. I’ve attended a couple of Write-Ins hosted by Julianne Harvey (thedreamtowrite.blogspot.com). and she has me thinking on how to combine that idea with a monthly group that does the write-ins, hosts workshops, has critique or brainstorming sessions....or....AND, even thinking this has On-Line possibilities, too? A group of about 8 like minded and writing writers and authors. Anyhow! Might be something you want to try too!

And a Fool For Books Hop. Thinking, between reading books, I’ll break and read blogs that are taking part in this. Looks fun, discover new blogs, possibly win a book or two even, share in the passion for reading and blogging about it!

I Am A Reader, Not A Writer: Fool For Books Giveaway Hop

4 comments:

  1. Well with the weather predicting a spring snow storm you'll have a great weekend for reading! Great links for writers wanting to form critique groups - it's always good to get some advice up front on how to get the most out of the group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know on the weather, eh? BTW, I was looking at the well read and loved Dead Frog on the Porch and thinking I'd do a re-read on it, too. I leant kids my personal copy while we were waiting for the library copies to arrive..(Dead Bird is on my Kindle). I'm hoping the two books I ordered for the giveaway are in the mail today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been in many writing groups. My fellow Inkers and I are a great fit. Taking my work through this group has improved the quality of my writing. We meet every two weeks. Last year I had open heart surgery and they insisted that was no reason to miss a meeting. So they moved the group to my house for the next three months until I was allowed to drive. Having a group means you have to have product to give them. It's a great deadline thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I have to read Dead Frog on the Porch. What a great title!

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...