Wednesday 12 June 2013

Fifth Annual #Bookaday Reading Challenge

The Nerdy Book Club Book's #Bookaday Challenge is just what I have been looking for. My TBR piles are massive and marvelous and ever growing, so this challenge will keep me reading and focused on trying to get a book a day read. Will I achieve this? Not sure, but I going to have a whole lot of fun trying. And as they say, there may be day where you don't get a book read, but another where you get two...and it still counts.

I will be reading a lot of  middle grade and picture books. I also have three professional books I will read as I prepare for my new position at a k-3 school. Mrs. Marshall in the house!

My to choose from areas for  #bookaday include:

Some Middle Grade I have yet to read and that have been on to read lists for rather too long. This includes Newberry award  winners like:

The One and Only Ivan
Moon Over Manifest
Kira-Kira
A Year Down Yonder
Maniac Magee
Lincoln A Photobiography
Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nim

Picture Books focus on 2013 releases with some retro can-you-believe-I-have-not-read-this-one reads

Teen Fiction-thinking Cassandra Clare's series, plus I have quite a number that I have read book one and not book two or three...

Adult Fiction:

James Pattersons Woman's Mystery Club

Professional reading:

The Book Whisperer
The Daily Five
The Cafe Book
Reading Essentials

I will be starting June 28 as that will be my first day of summer!

11 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a heck of a challenge - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck getting through your stack. I need to do that too. And a big congrats on your new job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie...really loving it so far. Looking forward to starting full time in the fall.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for mentioning this. It keeps going in and out of my conscious thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome...happy reading this summer, btw! And writing I do believe you said.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the new job, Deb! I hope you have fun with the reading challenge, too. I'd love to do that (my TBR pile is bigger than me), but the deadlines are too overwhelming right now. In fact, I'm deliberately reading books I won't get sucked into, to reduce the risk I'll slack off and read when I'm supposed to be writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, if you actually achieve this I'm going to be VERY impressed. I always tend to read less in the summer than I do the rest of the year, because I'm to distracted by nice weather to sit down and read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck getting through your list! I am hoping to read many of the same books -- eventually :P So many wonderful stories to be read!

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...