Saturday 8 June 2013

48 Hour Book Challenge-Starting Line

EDITED: Now that I have taken a breath and sloooowed myself down, I am going to say that I will be taking part in the 48 Hour Book Challenge until tomorrow at midnight. That basically means I will not be counting any reading time from yesterday because I TOTALLY missed the boat on signing up in time. So, this start up post is also a check-in post for today.

Here's what I am reading:

James Patterson's THE FOURTH OF JULY (Women's Murder Club) and Tom McNeal's Far Far Away. Should be done both of those with the next few hours as am now speedy fasting up my reading.

Speaking of speedy fasting it up. I will use my one hour time of social media right now, then hustle back to the reading.

Hope you are all reading up a storm!

Quick stats:

reading time-2 hours
social media- 30 mins
pages-not sure

Now. I have some serious reading/hours to put in between now and tomorrow night. Ciao fellow readers and will be back later with an update during my next 30 mins of social media. Off to read for three hours!



11 comments:

  1. The 48 HBC is always about what you are able to do. If you need to sleep, that's okay. I hit a rough patch this afternoon after a great start yesterday. Just hope you enjoy some extra reading time. (Loved The Wells Bequest and it might be a good companion to Far Far Away, or at least the first book in the series, The Grimm Legacy, would be!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the companion book recommends. Will definitely check them out. Ended up loving Far Far Away-not as MG but certainly as YA.

      Delete
    2. And hope that rough patch is in the past!

      Delete
  2. I hope your reading's going well, Deb! I'll be curious to see what you make of Far Far Away if you review it. I'm not sure yet if I want to read it myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Found the beginning a bit slow, but thinking that was because I thought I was reading a mg? Once I clued in and got to the midway point I was hooked. The last half of the book was so good--dark and scary, but so good!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for coming by my blog -- I'm powering on into the night. Good luck with your next book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I tried to power on...then I did this:

      zzzzzzzzz

      Delete
  4. Good luck! May the reading force be with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reading at work. Shhhh..... :) It's just my mom's marina, and we're sloooow.

    Reading Hold Fast by Blue Balliett. Have you heard of it?

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog. I am going to add MICK HARTE WAS HERE to my TBR list. Dropping by to see what you are reading. You know, I haven't read any of James Patterson books. Yikes! What have I been reading. LOL!

    Good luck and happy reading!

    Tallulah A. @ MAD Hoydenish

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...