Friday 3 June 2011

48 Hour Book Challenge

I am set. Have a few other things going on this weekend-puppet show, big library sale, book signing to attend, grandson sleepover (yay for sleepovers with grandma and grandpa!)

The time frame:

From Fri. 10 AM to Sunday 10 AM (Friday will have the biggest chunk of reading time).

The Goal:

Read 20 hours during the next 48

The books:

I have three ARCS I want to read, MG.

Eight Keys

The Girl Behind the Glass

And one YA.

Extraordinary

Plus, I have a YA I am going to finishing reading (which BTW, I am loving!)

Illegally Blonde

The above are for the first leg of the reading. I have two more piles to choose from depending on how the above reading goes. One includes all Canadian MG and YA titles, the other is a pile of MG I recently purchased and or won, plus in there is one YA I have _must_ read...WITHER (yep, have not read that one yet).

The Cause:


I am going to donate to Slave Lake Library-buying books from our own library sale this weekend (all the money we make goes to them.) Plus, will make a $48 general donation. For those of you who are wondering about Slave Lake, it is the town in Northern Alberta that burnt almost 50 percent to the ground a couple of weeks ago.This included their library which was just built in 2010 and we all know the heart, sweat and soul that goes into making something like that happen. Here is more information on donations to Slave Lake, in general:

Global TV, Slave Lake Donation information

Alrighty, that is it for my starting line post! Thanks to Mother Reader for being the read-a-thon Mom! See you all in about five hours. Going to stop, do a quick read see what everyone else is up to, report progress then back to the readin'.

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Good luck! Great cause.

    I'm also reading for a cause. I checked the library in Joplin, Missouri and they did okay with the tornado, so I'm donating to the schools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy reading, I wish you many good books. Great cause. I will be starting my reading tomorrow in between working, church, a graduation and visit from the in-laws

    http://readspace.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck and hope you enjoy all of the books you picked out for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One day, when we are finally done with school, I am going to do the charitable part. I think that would be so much cooler! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you're going to be busy reading, Deb. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. 20 hours and your grandson staying over! My, you're ambitious!

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...