Saturday 4 June 2011

48 Hour Book Challenge-Check In # 2

Finished reading Eight Keys by Suzanne LaFleur (see previous post on how much I LOVED this book) and then read Gossip from the Girls' Room by Rose Cooper (deelightfilled book, fantastic voice and main character, Sofia made me laugh out loud, smile and _feel_ for her as she reached for popularity in her middle school, school. One I will be recommending to my book club kids, fans of Dork Diaries & Wimpy Kid).

This added 3 hrs fifteen minutes to my previous chunk of reading, bringing me up to 9 hours. As the time for my 48 hours of read-a-thon time draws to a close I realize it highly unlikely I will be able to put in 20 hours! Over imagined the amount of time I could get in for taking part in this. S'okay, though. I'm thrilled to have taken part in my first ever read-a-thon thanks to Mother Reader and the 48 Hour Book Challenge!

Going to to a bit of reading and catching up with others taking part in the challenge then off to finish up, Illegally Blonde by Nelsa  Roberto (MC is funny, strong, utterly likeable- inspite of being dragged away from from life in Canada and her final year of school there. Fans of Sarah Dessen would really enjoy this one, imo.)


3 comments:

  1. Congrats on making your first ever entry into the #48HBC. As long as you enjoyed it, that's what really counts. And I'll bet you can put in more time next year, if you decide that's what you want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Jen - as long as you enjoyed it, that's what matters! I've been meaning to get to Gossip in the Girls' Room, but haven't yet. I will have to pick that up this summer. The kids at my library are rabid for Wimpy Kid and Dork Diaries and Big Nate - all those books. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing great! I didn't quite make it to twenty hours. Kind of amazing how much time life takes, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...