Monday 6 June 2011

48 Hour Book Challenge-The Finish!

Tween all and everything I ended up with 12 hours of reading under my belt and 48 dollars to Slave Lake Library and taking part in a book sale, the funds going to the same rebuilding of a library. All in all a great first time out. I _loved_ taking part in a read-a-thon and looking forward to the next one. I realized how easy it is to set aside time-and easy it is to chip away at that time. I became hyper aware of how many little things I jump up to do. I'm not talking about the job and the hanging out with the grand boy this weekend and heading out to a friends book signing. I'm talking about those other hiddens...the wash, the puttering about the house, suddenly deciding to re-organize a book shelf, answer an email, prepare a new story...all things that need to be done, but...now I see how over the years I don't seem able to read as much as when I first started at the library.  The multi tasking has become a little out of hand and the reading (and writing!) got shifted further and further back. Huh. If not for this weekend I don't think I would have seen that.

Oddly enough, when I started to type this I had not intended it to become all about me and this inner reflection. But there you have it!

12 hours (will strive for 20 on the next go around), post's here and here about what I read. And, oh my, how I enjoyed going around and seeing what everyone else was doing. 2 of my 12 hours were spent doing that and today...I'll be doing some more going 'round and reading finishing posts. Thanks Mother Reader Pam...you. ROCK! Congratulations to everyone who took part and read, read, read. See y'all next year.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for reaching the finish line! This weekend led me to think about some time management issues, too. It helps to get a little outside of our normal routines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks. I love how the 48hbc takes me out of my routine and makes me see what I am capable of when I put my mind to it. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I know what's it's like to suddenly realize how certain things gobble up your time. It's so easy to get lost in puttering and emails and such. *wink*

    Glad you enjoyed the read-a-thon and way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...