Tuesday 30 April 2013

Tuesday Tales-Sodysaleritus #Storytelling for #Teachers and #Librarians and #Parents

I learned this from a book by Margaret Read MacDonald a long, long time ago. The idea she had was to create a collection of stories that would be quick and easy for librarians and teachers to learn. I so appreciated that when one summer I was looking for a story to tell and share as part of a summer reading program series. I especially appreciated it because not only did I not have a lot of time to learn and did not have a whole lot of experience storytelling. So a huge thank you to her!  Here is the book:


And here is the story as I now tell it. Needless to say a few things have been added in here and there. Enjoy and Happy Tuesday! (er, ignore frowny face at the beginning-this really is a rather fun story!)

4 comments:

  1. Under that bridge lived the meeeanest, uuuuugliest, haiiiiriest, smeeelious bear that you ever did see! LOL! I was actually acting it out with you at the end. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay on acting it out...that is exactly what I want to happen, lol!

      Delete
  2. Well, storytelling is a real art and you an artist. Very cute story.

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...