Monday 8 April 2013

Tuesday Tales-Master of all Masters


SORRY on the quality...I tried to make it all fancy, but...you see what happened.

This is the book I signed out from the library all those years ago. It was loads of fun to tell this story then hold up the book and say to kids they too could go the library and find this book and others like it filled with great stories!

Um, not the actual actual book I should say this is what it looked like. I did return my copy, lol!






Master of all Masters-original and alternate re-tellings

Master of All Masters-Joseph Jacobs
The Master of All Masters
Master of All Masters audio recording from LibriVox.

Suggestions for learning and re-telling:

-remember the basics. don't try and memorize the story, just the bones. the maid and the man meet at the market because she is looking for a job as a housemaid. the man hires her, they go back to his house. he has special name for himself, for his bed, for his pants, his cat, the fire, the water, his house. you can learn what they are OR make up your own. this is a fun writing activity btw! in the end she wakes him up to tell him to get out of bed and put on his pants because the cat has a spark of fire on her and if they don't get some water on it the whole house will be on fire!

-as an activity for kids, create the characters for them. you need a man, a maid, pants, bed, cat, fireplace, water in a bucket, house. these can be put in an envelope or on sticks or make finger puppets out of them. on the back they can put the names for the things as the man described them or put their own made up names. great and fun way to remember and re-tell. Thanks for joining me on this adventure. I imagine my vlogging and how I do this series and other booktalks (see my first vlog here) will change over time. And yep...thinking a few less scarves and possibly not quite so close to my face when telling a story! Any other thoughts, tips, story requests, please let me know!



14 comments:

  1. LOL! That was AWESOME D! What a great little story. LOOOOVE the vlogs! Keep'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks G! You know, when the vid quality did not work so well I thought, yep....take it down take it down. Then I thought no...leave it alone leave it alone!

      Delete
  2. You can tell me a story anytime. Thanks, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. welcome! my next story is Anansi's Hat Shaking Dance. I think. I have a million of em. A million of em I tell ya!

      Delete
  3. Love it! What a great story. Thanks! Looking forward to your next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shari! Have to admit I am looking forward to doing more of these. Appreciate you taking the time to watch!

      Delete
  4. This is way too much fun, Deb!

    BTW, you can never have too many bracelets...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...Carol! So, so good to have you drop by. And you know I kinda agree on the bracelets!

      Delete
  5. Very cute story. You are right about not trying to memorize a story. That's a good way to mess yourself up in the telling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Mom I loved this! This made me feel like I was a kid again, I do remember this story and I remember you reading it, and I remember always the best part of you reading stories to us was actually watching you read it rather then looking at the pages. Loved it mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my Beck...thanks for this. You've given the push to just keep on doing this. Glad you loved it...love you!

      Delete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...