Monday 15 April 2013

#MarvelousMiddleGrade May Reading Challenge SignUp

Hello everyone and welcome to the sign up for Middle Grade May reading challenge  (#middlegrademay).

As many of you know, I love middle grade and have had the pleasure of reading many great books over the years. Even better, a good chunk of my career has been about sharing those books with the kids the authors write for. Most recently it has also become about sharing those good reads with fellow writers of middle grade.

And so...

I have a wonderfully massive to read pile to get through and a wonderfully massive to get list once I have made it through that pile (actually it is a few bookshelves worth of reading).

And so...

This May I am devoting my reading time to really putting a dent in that list and that "pile".

I would like to invite all of you to join me.

Whether you read MG all the time and have a pile to get through or you have always meant to try a middle grade or two (as an adult)  but haven't...

why not join me?

Read a couple of books, read a few, read ten-it is entirely up to you.

What?

Prizes?

Of course!

Here is how that will work:

Read One Middle Grade Book 

Sign up with Mr. Linky (below) or by commenting on this post. Read  and share which book you read for this reading challenge on a Monday check-in post or the final Friday Round Up Post (May 31). It is not required but you can also leave a link to a post of your own.  You will be  entered to win a 25 dollar gift certificate  from a book location of your choice.

Read Two to Five Middle Grade Books 

Sign up with Mr. Linky (below) or by commenting on this post. Read  and share which books you have read on a Monday check-in post or the final Friday Round Up Post (May 31).   It is not required but you can also leave a link to a post of your own. You will be entered to win a 40 dollar gift certificate from a book location of your choice.

Read Six or More Middle Grade Books:

Sign up with Mr. Linky (below) or by commenting on this post.  Read  and share which books you have read on a Monday check-in post  or the final Friday Round Up Post (May 31) It is not required but you can also leave a link to a post of your own.You will be entered to win a 60 dollar gift certificate of from a book location of your choice AND I will also send you a middle grade six pack. That six pack will include the first three of Arthur Slade's The Hunchback Assignments, oh yes, yes it will.




The Check-Ins

Each Monday in May I will have a check in post. On that post you can leave a comment about which middle grade book/s you read and if you like share what you thought of it.  If you've written a blog post leave a link.  NOTE: you can comment on a Monday check-in post anytime during the week. 

We start May 1 and finish up end of May and I will be making draws for prizes the first week in June. Hope you can join in!

If you can and have the room on your blog (if you have one that is) I would love for you to link to this post using our Middle Grade May icon, created for us by the wonderful Akoss!



If you have any questions, please do ask, this is pretty last minute so I realize that things may not be very clear.

Happy Reading!



18 comments:

  1. Hi Deb!
    I'm so excited you're doing this again. I can't resist I have to jump in. :)

    ~Akoss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay Akoss!! Glad you are joining in again this year.

      Delete
  2. This sounds fun, I want to play! I'll watch for further details.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for checking it out, Cindy! more details will becoming over the next few days and through out next week.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. So glad you joining us! Let the countdown to May begin (eek!)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for doing this, Deb! I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! I am so looking forward to May I must say. Crazy, though, that it already around the corner!

      Delete
  5. This is such a great idea - and man do I have a lot of books to read. I am in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Glad you in....I so hear you on the lotta books to read!

      Delete
  6. yay! our wee group of MMGMay readers is a growing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you explain the Blog Hop a little bit for us uninformed (me)? Is it part of the reading challenge? I did read what it said on the link, but it didn't help. Thanks!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cindy,

      The blog hop part is more for me to have one place to have everyone singing up and then a place for you to go and see who else is taking part. Does that help? If not ask again cause I could be not explaining it well.

      Delete
    2. I'm still not exactly sure, but I got signed up anyway! :)Thanks for doing this, it'll be fun.
      Cindy

      Delete
    3. Hey! Glad you got signed up inspite of my clear as mud explanation, lol. It is dawning on my that I didn't really need to use the blog hop sign up thing as we don't really have to go to other blogs as part of this. And yes on the fun...sort of like a middle grade book club.

      Delete
  8. So excited to see this!!! I'll be reading me some MG. And I'll be sharing this post on Twitter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Jill!!! I'll be a entering you into some prize winnings.

      And this is why I headed over to your blog, wanted to be sure I gave you a shout out. I just gave your Hooked on Books crew a tweet out.

      Delete
  9. I am late coming to this- but I have been meaning to come by and sign up. I have read 7 new MG books so far this month and am almost done with my 8th. I have 1-2 more I would like to get to, but I am not sure that I will finish both!

    Thanks so much for this fabulous contest!

    Stephanie@Fairday's Blog

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...