Monday 22 April 2013

Marvelous Middle Grade Monday-Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos by R.L. LaFevers


Hello all and hope you are enjoying your MMGM travels! Here is the link to head back to Shannon's after you are done here and...thanks for stopping by! And finally, I have a lot of middle grade reading I have to do and catch up on so decided to create a Marvelous Middle Grade May Reading Challenge. Read one book, read a whole lot it is up to you. If you're reading middle grade anyway might as well sign up and enter to win some fantabulous prizes. Here be the link. 

NOW on with the show.

My book this week is another all time favorite in the fantasy genre. Love it and can't wait to share it with the kids at my new job. Introducing...




From the publisher:

Theodosia Throckmorton has her hands full at the Museum of Legends and Antiquities in London. Her father may be head curator, but it is Theo—and only Theo—who is able to see all the black magic and ancient curses that still cling to the artifacts in the museum. Sneaking behind her father’s back, Theo uses old, nearly forgotten Egyptian magic to remove the curses and protect her father and the rest of the museum employees from the ancient, sinister forces that lurk in the museum’s dark hallways.



A little from me:

Can you imagine what it would be like to see black magic and ancient curses? Can you imagine what it would be like to hold the power to take care of the those curses, to have the smarts to do it? And all the while you have to dodge the evil that is getting in your way? Well, you don’t have to imagine it at all. Just on board and into this book and you are in the ride of a lifetime. A wonderfully realized time and place populated with weird, smart, wonderful, creepy, sinister characters that will pull you into the story until the last breathless page. I am not exaggerating. I swear I wanted to jump into the book and join Theodosia. She so appealed to the ten year old me I wanted to be her. Take all that danger and mystery and put in some good doses of laugh out loud humor and I found myself reading my favorite kind of mystery, adventure, fantasy, historical, humorous read. It may sound like a lot of genres mixed into one, but the author masterfully blends them all and delivers a girl kids of 2013 can still relate to and quite frankly want to hang  out with. Best part? It is a series which means there are more! Hope you check it out, read it and share it with the young readers in your life. Ta ta for now!

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE this series - and have read them all! Robin LaFevers is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughters loved these--they are completely beat up. Always a good sign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so good! I'm adding it to my to-read list!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been hearing about this series and need to find time to read some of them. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do love this series and keep thinking there will be a fifth, but there hasn't been yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to read this series. I must start it one of these days. I love fantasy and am a fan of Robin's. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh this sounds like a MUST READ.
    Thank you Deb for sharing these series with us. On my list it goes.

    ~Akoss

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool this sounds... but why have the Mafiosi never heard of them before? Heads will roll!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Weird, smart AND sinister characters, plus plenty of humor: sounds like a winner. And thanks for mentioning your May challenge. I took last week off from blogging so I wouldn't have known.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know this series, but it sounds like one I'd like. Thanks for sharing! And I'll check out your challenge, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love MG that has a museum setting. This book sounds great; thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved reading this series! Thanks for posting.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. this looks fabulous!! love the cover, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, fun! Museums and artifacts and curses. What else could you possibly need? Thanks for the recommendation!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...