Saturday 2 April 2011

Three (Writing) Reads and A Book

Some good food for thought here as I continue with the big POV switch. In this particular MS it is limited third, but I have another book I could see this working well with now that I am out of the “everything in first” mode I appeared to be in.

Five Advantages of Third Person Omniscient POV « Ingrid's Notes

I know I’ve mentioned Save the Cat and the beat sheet before, but pointing it out again, because I wanted to mention I find using a movie to show and tell totally works for me. Helps me visualize the beats in my own books--of course different than writing a screenplay but great for imagining the story on.

Save the Cat!® » Blog Archive » Beat Sheet for The Fighter



This is a book on writing, highly highly recommended by Wordplay, plus this link leads to another blog I want to check out. It’s called Storyfix. Going to read up a bit more about it, but see this as my next book to get and read--when I’m not actually writing, that is. Yep. It’s great to do all the writing reading, but you’ve got to get that butt in chair!

Wordplay: Helping Writers Become Authors: Why Story Engineering Is a Must-Have Book

No comments:

Post a Comment

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...