Saturday 2 April 2011

Happy International Children's Book Day

It’s Han Christian Andersen’s Birthday. And one of my favourite fairytales of all time is The Ugly Duckling. I loved that story when I was a child and read it over and over. It was in a collection of stories that I don’t remember the name of. And that final illustration (very much like the type in Pokey Little Puppy-if that makes sense) where we see the most beautiful swan? It filled my heart.

There will be many a blog celebrating this day and I’m looking forward to it, I must say!

Speaking of blogs, check this one out:

International Children’s Book Day | ALSC Blog

And here is the actual site:

International Children's Book Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...