Monday 18 April 2011

Marvelous Middle Grade Mondays-It's a Mystery!

When I was young it was all about Trixie Belden. I loved those books. I loved the Bob Whites and so wanted to be one. Heck, I even wanted Trixie's hair! But most of all I loved the mystery, getting the clues and seeing if I could solve it right along with them.

The first one I read as an adult and book talked for kids was VIEW FROM A CHERRY TREE. Still love it and use all these years later and if you have a mystery suspense loving reader in your library, house or self, this one would top my list.



From Good Reads :

From his favorite perch in a cherry tree, Rob sees a murder committed, but when he tells his preoccupied family, no one will believe him.


HAPPY Marvelous Middle Grade Monday, all. And if you are looking for more books to fill out your MG lists, start with reading @ Book Dreaming and follow the blogs!


As always a big thanks to the fab Shannon W for inspiring us all to do this.

Finally, I'd love for you to recommend some of your favourites, old and new!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation. It's nice to find another Trixie Belden fan. When I was a tweener I was in love with Jim! There was just something about those books that were addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Willow Davis Roberts' books! I don't think I've read this one, but now I'll put it on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mysteries are always popular for this age group. I love The Magic Book by Willo Davis Roberts.

    If you're looking for a new mystery, I'm featuring one on my blog today! It's a combination medieval fantasy/detective story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Deb,

    I don't know if you won this already, and if you have please accept another; but I presented you with the Stylish Blogger Award!

    Your blog is an invaluable source to all writers; not to mention, it's stylish, too.

    If you have time, stop on by and celebrate! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of them.

    I grew up on Edith Blyton's Famous Five books. They're what hooked me into reading. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one isn't as popular as it once was; one of my copies has a particularly bad cover, and that might be part of it.

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...