Saturday 3 December 2011

Three Writing Reads and December Sci Fiction and Fantasy Releases for Children and Teens

Well, I did not make the NANO word count, BUT, pretty happy with the book I am working on. Broke 43,000 and am now at 45,000. Ending blossomed and I can see and feel it and have been writing it. Each time my MC and her sidekicks wonder if it can get worse? It does. Now, a lot of that may be second drafted out, but it’s fun seeing just how much they can take, even some of their flaws are being put to good use (cause really, I don’t want them to be perfect at the end, heh heh).

Now, because I have slowed down with the fast drafting, I am taking the weekend to smooth out scenes and plot lines, and just do some general reading on writing. It’s part of the way I think on a book.

Many of you already are familiar with SEEING CREATIVE, but giving a shout out to Stina’s 12 Days of Christmas for writers. Came upon it on day three and it’s timely to say the least.


And I like this post. Keeping in mind that Danika is NOT saying to send out your queries now, just use the query as a means of focusing in on the tone and feel of your book as you prepare to work on draft two. I like doing that. I also rewrite the synopsis. It’s my way of getting the whole story in my head, helps me see the the arcs (or see that they are not there, lol!)


Now. I am still working away on the first draft of HAPPY MEDIUM, A HOWLING HEIGHTS NOVEL (yeah, the title is changing). But when that done I will be stepping into the second draft. So, will be having a close look at this:




Finally, check out Charlotte’s Round-Up of new books hitting the shelves in December. I’d say there is some good shopping to be had for your kid and teen readers. Yourself, too!



Enjoy the weekend all!

1 comment:

  1. 45,000 words sounds fantastic. Happy writing. I'll check out the links.

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...