Thursday 8 December 2011

Get Read-y for 2012

Just signed up for Get Read-y for 2012 hosted by Loving Books. A great and fun way to read it up until December 31 and get ourselves ready for all those great reads coming in 2012 and read through some of those TBR piles that are teetering. And ya know because I am participating it will become my duty to read, read, read, read and read.

Sigh. 

It is a tough job...you know the rest of how that goes.

And, along the way I am hoping (well, I know I will) I will add to my book talk pile for my next visit with my old book club (speaking of that, hoping to start one out in my new hometown once 2012 gets moving along).

Tween joining in the fun of Get Read-y for 2012 and writing and working and preparing for the holidays it promises to be a fun and joy filled season!

Back with my to read list tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. My TBR pile is taller than me. A lot taller than me. Half of the books on it I've forgotten I own, because I bought them several years ago and still haven't gotten there. It actually surprises me when I see them sitting on my shelf!

    If I get this manuscript in by deadline, I'm totally taking two weeks off to tackle the stack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy I hear you on the TBR pile height Lindsey. And yes, on the forgetting, too. Have a few on my Kindle and Kobo as well...two weeks off of reading sounds wonderful!

    Good luck with your MS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go through reading ruts (what a fun thing to be in), where I an reading-reading-reading. Now I'm in a writing rut, where I am writing-revising-writing. Loving it! I too, am looking forward to some great releases in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My TBR piles are overwhelming. I now listen to audio books to help manage the stack. I can listen while cooking, gardening, walking dogs, etc. which opens up a lot of extra reading time. It's not the same as reading reading, but it gives me access to books I don't currently have time to read. There are just too darn many!

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...