Friday 7 December 2012

Holiday #Readathon and #Cybils

Greetings fellow readers! Looking forward to hanging with you all and reading, reading, reading. I'm a first round Cybils judge for middle grade realistic fiction so lately I've been....reading, reading and reading! So seemed to me that it would be fun to combine the two this weekend. If you've not heard of this read-a-thon or thinking it would be fun to join in (it would!) there is time to join. Click on the icon and it will take you to Liza's WhoRuBlog for details. Read one book, read ten, it is up to you.

My mini-challenge (updated):

Donate a book.   To the kid next door. Hospital. Library....anywhere you choose, just let me know. I will enter you to win one of the #cybils books I am reading. 

Here is the list of your choices (127 to chose from!)  (er,not reading them all this weekend, but am pushing myself to get at least ten more read by Sunday night). OR-if there is another book (adult, YA, MG Fantasy) That you've been hankering to read...let me know and I will get that for you!

Here's a pic of the first four for me to read:



Looking forward to reading with you all. Thanks to Liza...our #readathon Mom!




8 comments:

  1. My local library is collecting books to give to the Boys & Girls club so I'm definitely going to drop a few books off there!

    kayla3194 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck getting more books read! What a list! I will be donating some books to the local YMCA which is taking up a collection. I try to donate books whenever I can! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far I've raised over $200 in pledges for this readathon and I am purchasing children/teen books to donate to the local Christmas Store that services my community. This is by far my favorite reason for participating in the readathon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I donated a book at Barnes &Nobel for their charity book drive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I donated a book at Barnes &Nobel for their charity book drive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I donated a book at Barnes &Nobel for their charity book drive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't had the chance to donate anything sine moving, but before I moved over the summer I donated a stack of books and audio books to my local library, and a few to the ecumenical thrift store that I volunteered at.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just donated a bunch of picture books to the Goodwill. Does that count??

    Oh my, Deb. What a huge undertaking on your part.

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...