Wednesday 26 September 2012

Winner Announcement, #Cybils, Writing & Finding Balance

Greetings all! Starting off the post with an announcement. Winner of DREAMLINE by Nicole Luiken is:

Andrea Mack

Congrats to Andrea!

Next up is...#Cybils. I am beyond thrilled to announce that I am a first round judge for middle grade (realistic) fiction

Can't wait to start seeing the nominations role in beginning October first. Then it will be read read and read so there can be discussion and narrowing down of books to send on to the second round judges.

And boy, I am in some mighty fine company.


If you are reading this and thinking, what? What are these Cybils?

It's a wonderful opportunity to give even more recognition to the books for children and teens that have been published in the last year-books that standout and bring the best of what literature for children and teens is all about. And the best part is that from October 1 to October 15 you can nominate one book per the wide variety of categories. Get thee to the Cybils to learn more about it and start thinking of books that stood out for you. I mean, please get thee to the Cybils!

On the other bookly related fronts:

 -working on my Marvelous Middle Grade reading so I can get a post up this Monday and also be slightly ahead of the reading game when the Cybil nominations start rolling in.

-preparing kickoff post for #wipmadness.

-Working on my first work for hire project

-waiting mode on some requested picture book manuscripts sent to an agent yesterday whilst revising more and hanging with my fabulous online pb group

-revising HAPPY MEDIUM which is changing faster that I can keep up with it and now am wondering if I seriously start over, from scratch, no looking at the current draft

-thinking on NANO

-reading contemporary romance and chick lit and getting reviews ready for Brazen Reads (nice way to keep my reading horizons broadened 'cause I do read a whole lot of children and teen books)

-gearing up to crit a YA novel for a good writing friend of mine (she's just waiting on me to say "send it".

Needless to say it's been a wonderfully, busy book time and will continue to be so throughout October, November  and December. I live and breath books, reading and writing.

Get's me thinking on remembering to:

PLAY

FIND BALANCE

How do you do it all? Do you do it all?  Find balance, keep it fun and yet professional--do all you want to do related to your writing...and stay sane (ish)?

11 comments:

  1. Congrats Deb on the Cybils and everything. Not sure how to balance everything. Let me know if you figure out how.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I will on the finding balance thing...maybe I should just add that to my to-do, heh heh.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have a lot going on! I've seen on of the other MMGM regulars tweeting about the Cybils but haven't checked it out yet. I definitely will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do check them out, Michelle..and if you have a chance make some nominations, too!

      Delete
  3. Wow, Deb. You are busy!!!!

    I can't wait to nominate my fav 2012 YA book. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful busy, Deb. Best wishes with all those exciting things. ^_^ Scheduling is the key to balance for me. A sane routine that includes rest and relaxation and play time. And I have to eat right. And exercise. And schedule down time. And remember to breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, Deb, you are one amazing lady! Don't know how you handle it all. Congrats on being a first-round judge for the Cybils! That's a lot of reading. I first heard about the Cybils a year or two ago. I'll be happy to nominate something.

    It's wonderful to live and breathe books, as long as you take time to stop and stretch. Also for walking and enjoying nature. And I second Angelina: it's important to eat right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lot of stuff! You could have stopped with first-round Cybils judge and been busy enough!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the reminder about the Cybils. Have a great time as a judge, busy though you'll be. I'll try to nominate a gripping title for your reading pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are so close to CYBILS-time. Very excited! Judging by your post, you don't sleep a lot, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Deb, your schedule's worse than mine... Would love to hear more about that WFH project!

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...