Wednesday 28 September 2011

Three Writing Reads and a book I can't wait to read!


A timely post after my most recent rejection. I think what struck me is how Andrea does what I do. Start the cleaning, the laundry, the anything, but then realizes what she’s up to and moves it along! And of course once you get moving it back along you are into the pure _joy_ of writing and story creation!

That's Another Story: Four Ways to Keep Motivated for Writing


I am currently reading ASHES by Ilsa J. Bick…now there is someone who _really_ knows how to make it worse for her character who is _already_ going through some crazy hard things. Bick also manages to keep the book about characters driving the plot, which I love. As it happens, thanks to an Adventures in Children’s Publishing (@4kidlit) tweet this morning, I came up the following article. Way. Cool.


Cheryl's Musings: Tuesday Ten: Ways to Increase Story Tension


Rounding the writing reads out with some good, good advice on being sure to fill up your writing well. We do need that water and inspiration and won’t get it spending all our time in front of the computer.


Shannon Whitney Messenger: Filling the Well

And that book? HOUND DOG TRUE by Linda Urban author of A CROOKED KIND OF PERFECT.



Abby the Librarian: Hound Dog True


Happy Wednesday, all! Now…off to read and write and write and read.

1 comment:

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...