Friday 22 July 2011

Three Writing Reads

This was the first post I read this morning and so very timely. Pushing through the fear that can often bind us. The trick for me is be aware that I am running from a project not dealing with the fear/self doubt. And by running from the project I mean writing around it, not sending it out once done because it needs a little more tweaking, needs to rest for another year or two (okay, maybe not quite that bad...but, you know). The interesting thing, especially when sitting down to start a new project and all the little whispering fearful voices start, is once you _do_ break through and start the fear fades and you think..what was I afraid of. It’s a crazy cycle of fear, overcome, fear, overcome...like I say, though, the trick for me is being aware enough to know I am overcoming it, not running from it. I fear this ramble may make no sense...see? But, I am going to leave it up anyway. Deleting it would be doing the running away thing.

Um. Here’s the link!Christine Fonseca, Author: Show Your Fears A Little Love Too!

And, some sage advice on finishing a novel. Make the focus on story and telling it. The novel is the medium.

DearEditor.com (this is a new website to me, just found this morning thanks to this feature on Cheryl Rainfield’s blog:

Cheryl Rainfield: » Guest Post: Banishing the Blahs From Your Fiction by author Deborah Halverson – and a giveaway.

And that be it from me and Three Writing Reads! Happy reading and writing everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...