Sunday 18 March 2012

Marvelous Middle Grade Monday with The Emerald Casket by Richard Newsome

Welcome to:


Today I am going to share the love of EMERALD CASKET.Happy to say I have my own copy of this as I won my pick of a book from Walden Pond Press, who put out consistently good middle grade books. A big thanks to them!

BILLIONAIRE'S CURSE by Richard Newsome started it off.  I talked about book one over on Shannon Whitney's blog.  (As many of you know, Shannon is the brain mother of MMGM.)

Next in line is EMERALD CASKET and coming out in May is THE MASK OF DESTINY! Love this series oh yes I do.

To get us started here is THE EMERALD CASKET short description from Indiebound.org:

Thirteen-year-old billionaire Gerald Archer and his friends Ruby and Sam Valentine go on vacation to India, hoping to forget about Mason Green and his diabolical quest, but secrets from Gerald's family history and Green's minions have the trio in trouble again.


Now, doesn't 13 year old _billionaire_ catch your eye? Vacation in India? Diabolical quests? Tie that all in with a writer who knows how to weave a middle grade novel and you have winner number two in this series. 


I have it on good authority that his third book, THE MASK OF DESTINY, is his best yet. You gotta love it when a series just gets better and better. And if you have fans of the GREY GRIFFIN series and 39 Clues,  to name a couple, I'd say Richard Newsome books are well worth suggesting.




Speaking of middle grade and series I wanted to point you all over to Jill @ The O.W.L. where there is a MONTH LONG (yay!) celebration of middle grade. And, on Thursday, I did a guest post on middle grade fantasy series and shared a handful of my favorites. I'd love for you to stop by there, share some of yours (you'll be entered in a giveaway for a MG fantasy of your choice!) and if you have some time to look around, check out some interviews and other posts. What Jill is doing for MG this month is FABULOUS!

Enjoy your Monday, all. See you next week and for more Marvelous Middle Grade Monday check out some of these guys:

Shannon Whitney Messenger (a.k.a. Fearless Leader)-Ramblings of a Wannabe Scribe
Jennifer Rumberger-Children's Author
Joanne Fritz-My Brain on Books
Danika Dinsmore-The Accidental Novelist 
Shannon O'Donnell-Book Dreaming
Myrna Foster-The Night Writer
Natalie Aguirre-Literary Rambles
Brooke Favero-Somewhere in the Middle
Ally Beecher- Kid Lit Frenzy
Barbara Watson-Novel and Nouveau
Anita Laydon Miller-her middle grade blog
Michael G-G-Middle Grade Mafioso
Jessica Lei-her blog  
Pam Torres-So I'm Fifty

Akoss-Nye Louwon – My Spirit | a search for the writer in me
Gabrielle Prendergast-Angelhorn
Gina Carey
T.L. Conway

8 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun series. And I loved your post at The O.W.L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound great! And you're right, weaving those three elements--billionaire, India, an quest--have my interest right there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A billionaire at any age catches my eye, Deb! But you're right one at thirteen is fascinating. Great review. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, I really want to read these books now. Especially knowing that the series gets better. Sometimes the second or third book in a series falls short.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i grew up on richie rich and silver spoons, so there's something familiar and fun about kids with cash. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And my tbr list is forever growing.
    I want to read the entire series now.
    *runs off to make note*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't heard of these books before. New titles for my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...