Wednesday 16 November 2011

Planning for a 2012 Marvelous Middle Grade Read-a-Thon is ON.

So, each Monday I travel the net reading Marvelous Middle Grade Monday posts. And--the reading list, pile, requests from the library, bookstore buys, ebook purchases etc etc grows. Lately I have been thinking I need a weekend read-a-thon "thingy" or a read-a-thon week, where, when you are not working on the job you are reading middle grade

OR--maybe just Design your own read-a-thon, ARCs, NetGalleys, recent purchases, whatevers.

EDITED...I am DOING this! Walden Pond Press (speaking of, they have some crazy good middle grades) loved the idea, offered the possibility of giveaways and my mind started tick tick tick. For sure thinking of making it a week long "thing", but beyond that now looking for some CO-HOSTS. 


So!


Stay tuned....just deciding on a week to do it. Thinking something either Feb or March 2012.


8 comments:

  1. Best wishes for your MG hunt! My own to-read list is quite long, too! but if I read everything I wanted to, I'd never have any time to write. ;o) I mostly concentrate on YA though, since that's what I write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol! Yep, it is a tricky balance for me tween the writing and the reading. Looking forward to planning this, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious to see the planning, because I'm either tired (long day) so I can't quite understand your post clearly or I'm having a serious brain fart. ;)
    Either way keep us posted.
    I may not join because of Nanowrimo but I never tire of adding new great MG books to my pile. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you host a middle-grade read-a-thon, I'll definitely sign up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to learn more about this!!! Please keep us informed. What do you need a cohost to do?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely interested in participating and hosting depending on when you decide to hold it. Feel free to email me about it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Coreena--at this point, I was thinking on having a co-host/s to help brainstorm and promote, provide check-in points.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice blog....taking a look around.

    NEW FOLLOWER

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...