Thursday 20 October 2011

Three Writing Reads and a BOO!

One of my writing jobs is my blog. I love doing it, but still have a long way to go much to learn. I so, so appreciate those of you who are following along with me as I try to make this the best it can be. So--how cool is it that the first article I read this morning is about writing the break out blog AND the face on the article is so wonderfully familiar! Angela Ackerman is in the Guide to Literary Agents house with this must read article. Go Angela!!



Creating the Breakout Blog: A Platform Guide for the Pre-Published Writer | WritersDigest.com




As a picture writer I’m pretty cooled out by this:



Picture Book Month



And rounding my morning reads out with:



Barbara Ann Watson: The ABC's of Middle Grade Writing



Now…on to the BOO!



There are some boo-licious blogging events taking place in cyber space. Great, I find, for inspiring my latest MG, HAPPY MEDIUM (which may end up closer to a chapter book. huh. even as I typed that there was a little voice in my head saying yes YES I am a chapter book, man!)



Any who!



Here the Boo.




Judith Graves |  Crossroads 2011




Confessions of a Bookaholic: Haunted Halloween 2011: Updated Posts and Giveaways




MonsterFest 2011 » Tell Great Stories



All the icons are in the left side bar but wanted to highlight them here, too. If you know of any others, do let me know!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Medium sounds like such a great title! So many things it could mean...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo! Thank you for the word about Angela in the Guide to Lit Agents blog! And don't you LOVE it when you're writing tells YOU how it's going to be??!!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kristen...and yes on the title having many meanings!

    Barbara-yes I do love it when a book does that! Welcome on the Angela post.

    Thanks for dropping by Theresa--am a new admirer of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, November is National Picture Book Month AND National Novel Writing Month. I didn't know this.

    Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...