Sunday 30 October 2011

NANO is all about the Spooky Creepy BOO's!

I am working on my middle grade novel HAPPY MEDIUM.


The research I have been doing includes watching shows like Paranormal Cops, Paranormal State,  Pyschic Kids. Researching people like The Fox Sisters. Wandering about and absorbing the feel and vibe of sites like TAPS (The Atlantic Paranormal Society) , A.G.H.O.S.T (Advanced Ghost Hunters of Seattle-Tacoma) and Paranormal Studies and Investigations Canada.

Sommer Leigh of Tell Great Stories is sharing some great pictures of abandoned places.  Inspiration all over the place. Including where I live. The hubby and I are renovating at old church. Huge lot, big trees. Next door is an very old white house-creeky and creepy when you walk by it at night.



I have an outline that I have worked out based on two different methods. Spent weekend working through the Plot Whisperer Series Part One and also have, on my ipad, the Save the Cat App. Just a way of thinking through and sinking into my story.

The Bookshelf Muse
And of course I love THE BOOKSHELF for setting, mood, character traits, personalities--it is a must have. I've linked to the appropriate sections and added them to Scrivener (my writing tool of choice when I am on the computer and writing out a book.

Like Danika over on the Accidental Novelist I also have a notebook filled with notes and thoughts and stuffs related to HAPPY MEDIUM.



Feel like I am preparing the soil--filling it with nutrients and richness so I can grow the story. Two more days and it will be time to start planting one word at a time.




I am also doing this Be Champion






Happy Writing this November!

3 comments:

  1. I'm doing research for my YA horror project. Yay, for DVDs and the public library. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know on the library! Just making my list from them now...!

    Good luck with you project, Stina...looking forward to hearing more. _Love_ horror!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to see another spooky YA lover! Thanks for the visit from Monsterfest (I still need to get to most of those).

    Also, thanks for your kind words about my friend. It's already starting to feel better, easier. She'll be my muse forever now.

    I might have to check out the Dark YA blogfest. It looks like loads of fun. After I catch up to my last two blogfests, though. *laughs*

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...